Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Maidhc O Casain

Old May 5th, 2011, 11:00 AM
OK, with your clues I managed to track everything down, and I think I've got it all working correctly now! Thanks a million!
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
DarkSigurd

Old December 5th, 2012, 01:25 PM
Hi. I was looking through your stuff, and was wondering if you could possibly help me with a Summoner/Fighter gestalt build. I have no programing/modding skills or experience, and so am failing to do it myself.
DarkSigurd is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old December 6th, 2012, 04:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
But, if you can get Mowgli to send you his fighter/inquisitor archetype, I suspect it's just a matter of duplicating that and changing the archetype's class from inquisitor to summoner, in order to turn it into what you need.
Almost that simple! Also needed to add the new archetype to the checked boxes on the "Available to Classes" list for each of the weapon trainings. There are a few other details to clean up, due to the differences in saves and proficiencies between Inquisitor and Summoner.

I'm attaching my "Classes" file to this post - it's got all of the Gestalts I've done, including the new "Martial Summoner" (Summoner//Fighter Gestalt) Archetype.

You'll just need to take levels in Summoner and add the "Martial Summoner" archetype.

NOTE: Everything from the Core Rulebook and the APG should be available to all of these Gestalts as appropriate, but there's only a little content added from from anything published after the APG. Due to time constraints, I basically only add those abilities to the classes as my players ask for them.

IMPORTANT NOTE: These files make use of ShadowChemosh's "PFRPG_Fix_ArchetypeArmor.user" so you'll need to do one of two things to use it:
  1. Download the file from ShadowChemosh's area on d20PFRPG and put it in your Pathfinder Data File, or
  2. In the editor, go to this file in the Archetypes and then into the BOOTSTRAPS button (upper right), and find those four entries to delete them. They will have Thing: <thing not found!> in the list, just click the little X in the circle to remove those four.

The disadvantage to the last is that you'll need to do it for any of the Archetypes that use this file - since they've been created over the course of a couple of years, I don't remember which ones use it.
Attached Files
File Type: email MCP Classes.user (281.6 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by Maidhc O Casain; December 7th, 2012 at 03:23 PM.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
DarkSigurd

Old December 6th, 2012, 05:44 PM
I don't know what I am doing wrong. I have tried loading it into the Editor so that I can load it into the main program but am just getting some error messages that are saying the program has stopped. I don't know what is going on here.

More specifically it is saying that four different files don't exist.
fS2ArmorLi
fS2ArmorMe
fS2ArmorHe
fS2ArmorSh
All come up as missing.

Last edited by DarkSigurd; December 6th, 2012 at 08:53 PM.
DarkSigurd is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old December 7th, 2012, 04:28 AM
Those look like the standard armor proficiencies (the last is ShadowChemosh's "Shadow" armor proficiency). If so, all of them except Shadow's should be included in the core package.

Try copying my file directly into your Pathfinder data folder. You can find it by opening HeroLab (Pathfinder) and going to "Tools/Explore Folders/Program Data Folder."

It's possible that if you don't have ShadowChemosh's armor proficiencies you'll have to disable them in this file. To do so, once you've copied the file to your data folder open the file in the HL editor. Go to Archetypes and click the Martial Summoner. In that largish bottom center section with three columns, you're looking for "Additional Weapon/Armor" most of the way down the left column. It should have 11 things "activated." Click the "Edit" button, and uncheck the three "Armor Proficiency, Shadow" boxes. Click "OK," then "Save" (at the bottom left of the screen), then "Test Now" (at the top right of the screen).

Hopefully one of these things will fix you up. If not, maybe SC, Matthias or Aaron will chime in.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
DarkSigurd

Old December 7th, 2012, 09:18 AM
And once I did that, it came up with a dialog about a whole bunch of duplicate files. Apparently, I am just cursed.
DarkSigurd is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old December 7th, 2012, 09:35 AM
Hmmm. OK, just thrashing around in the dark here, but I'd go to the data folder and delete all copies of "MCP Classes." Then try copying my file directly back in as detailed above.

I'm afraid I'm out of my depth here, if this doesn't work.

I've tested the new archetype on my HL, and know it works and doesn't give me the missing file errors you've listed above.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
DarkSigurd

Old December 7th, 2012, 09:49 AM
Well, I have done that, just now. And still getting the missing file errors. I have looked through the list of files that came with this and I am not seeing those files anywhere. And it is just those four files. Were they part of a different download?

Also, when I go to uncheck the missing files in the "additional weapon/armor" fields, there are no instances of anything called shadow armor listed.

Last edited by DarkSigurd; December 7th, 2012 at 09:53 AM.
DarkSigurd is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 7th, 2012, 09:51 AM
DarkSigurd, when Hero Lab gives you an error, you can right-click it, copy it, and paste it here. The details of these error messages may be useful in diagnosing the problems - for example, knowing which files are duplicates would identify what's been doubled up.
Mathias is online now   #39 Reply With Quote
DarkSigurd

Old December 7th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Hero Lab was forced to stop compilation after the following errors were detected:

Thing 'arMCPSumFt' - Bootstrap thing 'fS2ArmorHe' does not exist
Thing 'arMCPSumFt' - Bootstrap thing 'fS2ArmorLi' does not exist
Thing 'arMCPSumFt' - Bootstrap thing 'fS2ArmorMe' does not exist
Thing 'arMCPSumFt' - Bootstrap thing 'fS2ArmorSh' does not exist

Ok, there is the error that has been plaguing me.
DarkSigurd is offline   #40 Reply With Quote