Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

McTaff

Old July 24th, 2019, 12:09 AM
Hi all,

I'm reaching out because I have no idea how to code, and need to create a magic item for my campaign.

The item in question is a magical tome. Let's call it "Necromancy Grimoire".

I need it to do the following:
1) Give the wizard who equips it a +2 to DC / attack rolls, and SR rolls when using any spell from the Necromancy school.
2) Require the wizard to memorise at least one necromancy spell for every spell level they possess.
3) Grant them access to the spells on either the Cleric's Death domain spell list OR I can work out a list of suitable Sor/Wiz spells (this is ensure they can satisfy rule #2).

Can some one please help me out?

I have a custom Editor file which I can supply to the, um... lucky winner?

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult"
McTaff is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old July 24th, 2019, 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by McTaff View Post
I have a custom Editor file which I can supply to the, um... lucky winner?
What's in the user file? While I could probably only do part (not all) of what you want, (and I'm not sure that some of what you want is possible except as displayed text) I'm curious about the incentive!

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old July 24th, 2019, 05:58 AM
Everything short of #2 should be doable (will need to use the community adjustment for CL vs SR for the second part of #1)
Minous is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
willuwontu

Old July 25th, 2019, 04:05 AM
DC is easy run this script at First 10000

Code:
doneif (field[gIsEquip].value = 0)

~ +2 Necromancy school spell DC
      hero.childfound[ssNecro].field[schDC].value += 2
I'm unsure how to deal with SR.

Granting spells is a bit more difficult, you'll need to push the spell tags onto the class. Below is a script that needs to be run at First 20000. You need replace "cWizard" with the class you're pushing availability to, and "?" with the ID for the Spell, repeat the second line for each spell you wish to add.

Code:
doneif (field[gIsEquip].value = 0)
perform field[cWizard].chosen.pushtags[ClsAllowSp.?]
willuwontu is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
McTaff

Old July 25th, 2019, 09:20 PM
Thank you for the replies:

The item is generic, it's being equipped by a Wizard.

I initially hoped that the Domain spells would be easy as they are already "grouped" somewhere and could be then just somehow made available as additional bonus spells in their spellbook.

I'm fine to forget about the SR bonus; that's something we can remember as a text input if that's easier.

Last edited by McTaff; July 25th, 2019 at 10:03 PM.
McTaff is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
McTaff

Old July 25th, 2019, 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dami View Post
What's in the user file? While I could probably only do part (not all) of what you want, (and I'm not sure that some of what you want is possible except as displayed text) I'm curious about the incentive!
I meant my file so they could put the item into it hahaha. My apologies for the miscommunication

McTaff is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old July 26th, 2019, 04:41 AM
With GenCon next week, there will be a delay getting this written up, but if you could get me a list of spells you want added I can draft something up. Domains are handled by a class archetype and not magic items. That's why they are not compatible.
Minous is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old July 26th, 2019, 10:40 AM
The death domain does have a group of tags on it which indicate what spells belong to it. You could use an eval script to pull those tags and transform them into the tag group which expands spell lists with specific spells, and then you could have all those tags pushed to the wizard class. That will probably work so long as you don't have a bunch of other things pushing expand spell list tags.
Aaron is offline   #8 Reply With Quote