Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: What Pathfinder Content Do You Want to See FIRST?
Essential Pathfinder Rulebooks Only (e.g. CRB, APG, ACG, UM, UC) 23 15.23%
All Pathfinder Rulebooks 12 7.95%
Bestiaries and Similar Books 6 3.97%
Modules and Smaller Adventures 7 4.64%
Adventure Paths and Huge Adventures 45 29.80%
Generally Reusable Content (e.g. NPCs, Artwork, Maps) 4 2.65%
Golarian Campaign Setting 10 6.62%
Player Companions 0 0%
Not interested in Pathfinder content 44 29.14%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll

Dhrakken

Old October 18th, 2016, 10:34 AM
I have yet to really use it; it just seems natural to me to have all the core stuff in first and then layer the adventures on top of it. My vision is that eventually, RW and HL will be the only tools I will use for campaign and encounter management. I'll still use roll20 I think as I love the additional functionality it gives (like being able to drop spell effects right on the map) over RW. But hey, I'm not here to debate RW's VTT (or lack thereof) capabilities; I just want content cuz I'm a lazy ass!

Question: when the Bestiaries are available, I assume they will include the HL link/statblocks automatically?

Last edited by Dhrakken; October 18th, 2016 at 10:37 AM.
Dhrakken is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
LeeSmith

Old October 18th, 2016, 11:31 AM
I'd love to see some "Generic" stuff, as I dont play Pathfinder, I do play Castles and Crusades though.
LeeSmith is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old October 18th, 2016, 11:40 AM
I'm voting for Modules and Smaller Adventures as I've moved on to 5e and these could be recyclable.

If I wanted PF material, I'd choose the Golarian Campaign Setting. I'm a sandbox person so having the world at my fingertips would be a godsend. Rules and Mobs would be next.

Report RealmWorks bugs here
Report Pathfinder HeroLab bugs here
Report 5e HeroLab bugs here
Report 5e HeroLab Community Pack bugs here
AEIOU is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 18th, 2016, 11:52 AM
For myself I would like the adventures and world information (ie everything from Pathfinderwiki would be SWEET). The only part of the Bestiary that I would make use of is the Fluff Text and Images. The hard-rules statblock is left to HL to deal. I don't run combat from RW.

I also don't see myself needing core rules mixed with my campaign stuff. To me they are just two very separate things that work better using different tools. In this case using d20pfsrd for the rules and RW for the campaign.

I recently starting entering info for a new Realm for Dragons Demand. I tried putting a few monsters in the mechanics section to see how it would work. I stopped after 3 as I found it allot of work for little gain. Plus visually seeing the statblock in RW is SUPER hard for me to read. I don't know why but looking at the statblock on d20pfsrd is way easier for my eyes to parse the data.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old October 18th, 2016, 11:55 AM
What is LoneWolf's position viz. Open Game License content?

Specifically, since it is (presumably) legal for any RealmWorks user to enter and re-publish all of the content on the Pathfinder Reference Document as a Realm... what is LoneWolf's expectation along that line?
Silveras is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Tejedor

Old October 18th, 2016, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoevax View Post
i think it is interesting how we all use realm works differently.

I use hero lab for my monsters and encounters, then i load their files into realm works. I use realm works for all the story/towns/npc background/lore/etc. Not the "rules".

I don't think i would use realm works to look up rules or monsters, i would just use the web, or hero lab. But realm works works so much better than trying to scan through the huge book that is rotrls. Looking up who runs the item shop in sandport is a lot harder without realm works than looking up the stats to a beast or rules.

I am not saying how other people use it is wrong, just kinda intrigued how many ways it can be used. Its a testament to how powerful it can be.
this!
Tejedor is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Galymyr

Old October 18th, 2016, 12:51 PM
I'm going to have to go with the campaign setting. Admittedly I'm very very new to Realm Works but I'm not seeing the value in having the core Rulebooms in RW. I thought RW was supposed to help me manage the intricacies of the game world and all the interactions happening. How does having access to initiative rules in RW help me at all? Am I missing something really awesome about RW?
Galymyr is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
RexCelestis

Old October 18th, 2016, 12:54 PM
I will cast another vote for Rise of the Rune Lords
RexCelestis is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 18th, 2016, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveras View Post
What is LoneWolf's position viz. Open Game License content?

Specifically, since it is (presumably) legal for any RealmWorks user to enter and re-publish all of the content on the Pathfinder Reference Document as a Realm... what is LoneWolf's expectation along that line?
Good question. That then naturally leads into the thought that if this starts to happen than we could end up with dozens of Pathfinder SRD by different community members. Unlike a wiki no way to work cooperatively "yet" on a single realm.

That seems like both a good and bad thing.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; October 18th, 2016 at 01:05 PM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
BufonP

Old October 18th, 2016, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoEvaX View Post
I think it is interesting how we all use Realm works differently.

I use Hero Lab for my monsters and encounters, then I load their files into Realm Works. I use Realm works for all the Story/Towns/NPC background/Lore/etc. Not the "rules".

I don't think I would use Realm works to look up rules or monsters, I would just use the web, or Hero Lab. But Realm works works so much better than trying to scan through the huge book that is RotRLs. Looking up who runs the item shop in Sandport is a LOT harder without Realm Works than looking up the stats to a beast or Rules.

I am not saying how other people use it is wrong, just kinda intrigued how many ways it can be used. Its a testament to how powerful it can be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejedor View Post
this!
Yeah, THIS.
I use realmworks primarly to build my own stuff or as a compendium of relationships and ownerships for preexisting campaigns.
BufonP is offline   #20 Reply With Quote