Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

MikeKn

Old November 15th, 2016, 11:07 AM
Is there a way to signal that a character is casting defensively (like the Fighting Defensively check box in Circumstances and Combat Actions)?

I'm looking for something to automatically apply concentration bonuses that apply only to defensive casting.

Similarly, is Spell Combat (Magus) supported anywhere (applying the -2 penalty when in use)?

I've not started exploring what I can do myself with the editor. I wanted to see if I missed something in main program, or if there is already a community addition which supports this.

Thanks!
- Mike
MikeKn is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 15th, 2016, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeKn View Post
Is there a way to signal that a character is casting defensively (like the Fighting Defensively check box in Circumstances and Combat Actions)?
In the Pathfinder Pack when you activate "ShadowChemosh Adjustments" I have a set of skills for Concentration that you can add to your character. These setup situational bonuses notes about Combat Casting and other traits that give a situational bonus to Concentration.

But no check box was created as I didn't think a real need to turn this on/off as it would be to fiddly. But you can easily create new options using the editor if you wish.

Quote:
Similarly, is Spell Combat (Magus) supported anywhere (applying the -2 penalty when in use)?
Nope. You can add a "Touch Attack" weapon if you have the Pathfinder Pack installed. That would let you equip both your weapon and the Touch Attack weapon.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
MikeKn

Old November 15th, 2016, 12:46 PM
I've got the Pathfinder Pack installed, and both suggestions are already there (I'd spotted a previous post of yours which mentioned them - thank you!).

For the Concentration skill, where do the situational bonus notes show up? I've got the skill on my list and it has the correct regular value for my Magus, but I'm not finding anything beyond the list of concentration DCs.

Equipping Touch Attack in my off-hand causes the dual weapon penalties to be applied. (at least that is what I am guessing is happening, -4 to hit).

Thanks,
Mike

edit: Side question, is there a list of all the features in the Pathfinder Pack? I looked, but couldn't find one.

Last edited by MikeKn; November 15th, 2016 at 12:47 PM. Reason: side question
MikeKn is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old November 15th, 2016, 01:45 PM
Quote:
For the Concentration skill, where do the situational bonus notes show up? I've got the skill on my list and it has the correct regular value for my Magus, but I'm not finding anything beyond the list of concentration DCs.
Any skill that has "Situational" notes will get a * next to it. This lets you know to mouse over the skill ? to see the additional text. On a printed sheet these will print out under the skill.

Quote:
Equipping Touch Attack in my off-hand causes the dual weapon penalties to be applied. (at least that is what I am guessing is happening, -4 to hit).
Oh yeah I only have this working in my own house rules stuff. The "quick" fix for this would be to add the TWF feat to your character so that it adjusts the values correctly for TWF.

I will add a to-do note that this could be enhanced to display correctly on a Magus character in the community pack.

Quote:
edit: Side question, is there a list of all the features in the Pathfinder Pack? I looked, but couldn't find one.
I started one "before" when the Pack was separate downloads. Once it was joined together I simply didn't have the time to keep such a document up to date. Making such a document is very time consuming, yes useful, but I simply didn't have extra time to support it.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
MikeKn

Old November 15th, 2016, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Any skill that has "Situational" notes will get a * next to it. This lets you know to mouse over the skill ? to see the additional text. On a printed sheet these will print out under the skill.
Ok, I'm not seeing any situational notes for Concentration (I have some for other skills: Acrobatics, Spellcraft & Survival).

Concentration is showing as +22 which matches: lvl (+14) + Int (+6) + Tunic of Careful casting (+2)

I'd expect to see situational notes for casting defensively: Aracne Focus (+2), Improve Spell Combat (+2) and maybe Adv Spell Combat (+var)

Is this a bug or am I missing something?
MikeKn is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old November 15th, 2016, 02:55 PM
Quote:
I'd expect to see situational notes for casting defensively: Aracne Focus (+2), Improve Spell Combat (+2) and maybe Adv Spell Combat (+var)
Are these specific to the magus class? If so I have no coding done for that I have just traits and feats that are situational coded. =(

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
MikeKn

Old November 15th, 2016, 03:24 PM
That will be it Spell Combat is Magus, and Arcane Focus is an alternate racial trait from Advance Race Guide.

Thanks!
MikeKn is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old November 16th, 2016, 04:32 PM
I added in that ART for Arcane Focus as a situational note to the concentration skills.

After looking at the magus thing I decided to create a Conferred Class Adjustment like I did for Favored Enemy and Sneak Attack. In the next community Pack update you will have a "Conferred Adjustment" called "Magus: Spell Combat" and when added will have a new In-Play option appear. This will let you set the penalty to attack and turn on/off Spell Combat. When on the correct Concentration bonus will be calculated, attack penalty applied if you set the counter, and will also correctly adjust the the Attack Values for a Weapon and the "Touch Attack" weapon when set as TWF.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
MikeKn

Old November 17th, 2016, 04:38 AM
Awesome! Thank you.
MikeKn is offline   #9 Reply With Quote