Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Lightspeed Hobbies

Old December 5th, 2012, 06:39 PM
Is Wolf Lair going to work on any other games than the current roster available?

All I seem to hear about is Pathfinder and Shadowrun. How about some of the other games for a change? How about a new game? Like Eden Studios or Palladium Books?

Is it possible to port Eden Studios' Unisystem into Hero Lab with the authoring kit?

I'm just tired of seeing Pathfinder and Shadowrun crap all the time.

WTF is going on over there right now?

Michael Hansen
Lightspeed Hobbies

5884 US Hwy 6
In the Portage Commons
Portage, IN 46368
219-764-7314

www.lightspeedhobbies.com
customerservice@lightspeedhobbies.com
Lightspeed Hobbies is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
John
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 6th, 2012, 01:37 PM
Hi Michael.

While Pathfinder and Shadowrun are popular game systems in Hero Lab, we currently support a number of others, notably Savage Worlds, Mutants & Masterminds, and Call of Cthulhu. We also support the 3.5 OGL and 4e (in conjunction with downloaded material from a D&D Insider account that the user has).

We are currently working on a new game system to introduce in Hero Lab, and we should be announcing it either this month or next. In addition, we have plans to support BRP as soon as we can.

One of the challenges we face is needing to execute a license with the publisher in order to support a game system like we do with Pathfinder, Shadowrun, and others. Sometimes, these publishers have other license agreements in place that preclude them from participating in a computer-based character generator product.

Being a small company, we also have to balance our limited resources against the expected revenue we could generate from sales of a particular game system. If we don't think the demand is there, we can't pursue certain options because of this. It's one of the reasons we solicit feedback in the forums regarding what games folks would like to see; it helps us gauge potential demand.

John
John is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old December 6th, 2012, 04:34 PM
I'm working on the new System John mentioned now. This is my first exposure to building a game system with the Authoring Kit, and I think the authoring kit would do fine to make Palladium System stuff (from my limited exposure to Rifts and Dead Reign). I'd absolutely urge anyone interested in seeing their favorite game system in HL to give the authoring kit a spin.
Aaron is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Lightspeed Hobbies

Old December 10th, 2012, 02:55 AM
I think that's what I'll have to do...

Michael Hansen
Lightspeed Hobbies

5884 US Hwy 6
In the Portage Commons
Portage, IN 46368
219-764-7314

Lightspeed Hobbies is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
John
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 14th, 2012, 09:51 AM
We announced the new game system we'll be supporting during an interview with our own Colen McAlister on the Metagamers Anonymous podcast. We'll be supporting Spirit of the Century from Evil Hat! We'll publish additional details in this month's newsletter.

You can find the interview with Colen in episode 18 here: http://www.prismatictsunami.com/
John is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
TCArknight

Old December 14th, 2012, 03:08 PM
Isn't that basically just Fate 2.0?
TCArknight is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Sketchpad

Old December 14th, 2012, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
We announced the new game system we'll be supporting during an interview with our own Colen McAlister on the Metagamers Anonymous podcast. We'll be supporting Spirit of the Century from Evil Hat! We'll publish additional details in this month's newsletter.

You can find the interview with Colen in episode 18 here: http://www.prismatictsunami.com/
Awesome! Any chance we might see Fate Core with the license as well?

DT Butchino | Writer, Illustrator, Designer
DeviantArt|Facebook|Twitter
Sketchpad is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 18th, 2012, 01:40 PM
We're definitely hoping to add support for Fate Core once we have Spirit of the Century finished and Fate Core is out.
Colen is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Krimson

Send a message via MSN to Krimson Send a message via Yahoo to Krimson Send a message via Skype™ to Krimson

Old December 18th, 2012, 09:29 PM
I might just have to jump in on their Kickstarter.
Krimson is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Lightspeed Hobbies

Old January 7th, 2013, 01:41 PM
WTF is Spirit of the Century?

Also, no one answered my question about Unisystem. Could Eden Studios Unisystem be done in the Authoring kit?

Michael Hansen
Lightspeed Hobbies

5884 US Hwy 6
In the Portage Commons
Portage, IN 46368
219-764-7314

Lightspeed Hobbies is offline   #10 Reply With Quote