Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

marroon69

Old January 6th, 2021, 09:08 PM
hmm I guess that all of us Starfinder, Pathfinder 2 and Shadowrun people were not enough to keep things going? Is that why there was a push for Pathfinder 1 content while ignoring all the people that currently paying for the platform?

Shadowrun and Starfinder have basically been ignored most of the year and Pathfinder 2 is starting to fall behind in content also...

While I am hoping you are planning on bringing things current it would be nice if there was some kind if content plan we could see. I am not asking for dates but a road map of the order of things. Yes you can change it....but keep it published so people can see.

Like starships for Starfinder is that every going to come? Or should we stop asking for it? If it is number 54 on the list of things to do I am pretty sure it will never get done. But it would be nice to know that
marroon69 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Darius Silverbolt

Old January 7th, 2021, 08:23 AM
I don't speak for Lone Wolf but when HLO came out and PF1 wasn't included there was a VERY loud shout about it. They listened to their customer base. Now I am not saying SF and PF2 and Shadowrun doesn't deserve some love but getting PF1 up and running on HLO is not a surprise to me.
Darius Silverbolt is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
flyteach

Old January 7th, 2021, 01:54 PM
Just waiting for LW to answer the question.
flyteach is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
marroon69

Old January 7th, 2021, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius Silverbolt View Post
I don't speak for Lone Wolf but when HLO came out and PF1 wasn't included there was a VERY loud shout about it. They listened to their customer base. Now I am not saying SF and PF2 and Shadowrun doesn't deserve some love but getting PF1 up and running on HLO is not a surprise to me.
Sure I get it at the time of the platform launch Pathfinder 1 was there bread and butter, they kept up with releases it was there flagship. I own a bunch of it but they took money from Starfinder, Shadowrun and Pathfinder 2 people to get this platform off the ground and going. It seems a little strange to ignore that group while they move Pathfinder 1 over. Not say Pathfinder 1 should not be here not at all it does not bother me.

Starfinder has been promised Starship rules for close to the beginning of its run (3 years maybe) and there always seems to be something else to do. Upgrades and other content that needs to happen. So all I am asking is a road map of content so I can determine if my money should be spent supporting this platform any more...

Pathfinder 1 is great but not my game any more. If they decided it will take the majority of development and support to keep it going I will move on since that is not what I want to pay for. That is all I am saying....

You know I am not sure but did they even update the to the new Pathfinder and Starfinder society changes that came out a while ago?

They have not full delivered some of the products we purchased and have bugs that never seem to get fixed. Did they ever fix familiars in PF2? that has been over a year now

What if all of the sudden due to business needs they decided to branch out and pull in all the other games like Call of Cthulhu, Savage Worlds or whatever instead stay current on the games they sold already us..I would probable stop paying. That is not a threat I am sure me leaving will have no bearing at all.

So tell me what you are going to support, what is the road map moving forward. So I can make an informed decision on where I want to spend my money....that does not seem like to much to ask.
marroon69 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
flyteach

Old January 7th, 2021, 06:20 PM
Sure, except for one thing. PF1 already had a functional working tool. Starfinder was rolled out as the flagship for HLO. Then it got seconded to PF2 beta. Then PF2. Then Shadowrun. Now PF1. I don't think users understand how much functionality of HLC is not present in HLO. And PF1 isn't gaining new content. So, all the PF1 content has come in at the expense of nearly 9 months of no SF published content and a "we're working on it eventually" comment for starships.
flyteach is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Krothos

Old January 8th, 2021, 06:52 AM
While PF1 received a new pretty cosmetic online covering, it didn't include all the functionality it has in the classic version. Further, neither version (HLC/HLO) hasn't received any functional updates or patches for the numerous bugs and problems within that software since Dec 2019 (12 months). Please don't be so quick to point out that PF1 is receiving so much attention, when in fact it's been treated more like the "red-headed step child" of LW's properties since HLO was released.
Krothos is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
flyteach

Old January 8th, 2021, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krothos View Post
While PF1 received a new pretty cosmetic online covering, it didn't include all the functionality it has in the classic version.
My point exactly. In some cases, it never will as the nature of an online app precludes some of the things that HLC did great.
flyteach is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
ChrisRevocateur

Old January 9th, 2021, 07:42 AM
Dude, us PF1 players waited two years to even have access to HLO, you can wait a couple months while they get it up and running.

Yeesh.
ChrisRevocateur is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
magpi

Old January 9th, 2021, 08:37 AM
Sure, that's great and all but us customers who keep getting pushed to the way side feel pissed that we've been supporting a system since launch then got our systems abandoned.
magpi is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old January 9th, 2021, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magpi View Post
Sure, that's great and all but us customers who keep getting pushed to the way side feel pissed that we've been supporting a system since launch then got our systems abandoned.
Something something Realm Works?

Look, it's unfortunate that everything is taking so long, that directions have changed, and that there's still a lot to do. I'm happy that they're getting some things done and hopefully that means LWD will still be around to catch up on those missing products and fix those bugs.

Parody is online now   #10 Reply With Quote