Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer 40,000

Notices

Chapter Master

Old December 21st, 2011, 06:10 PM
I just downloaded the update for Warhammer 40K on Army Builder in order to get the Necron update. However, it erased the altered Space Wolves data file I made for my custom chapter.

I downloaded a backup and copy/pasted the new information into the new Space Wolves data file, but now when I try to load Warhammer 40K, it says:

"The data files could not be loaded due to the following errors: Unit 'sw5E_DN' - Option 'ia5smDNDP' not found for link."

Any idea what's going on here?
Chapter Master is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Spack
Volunteer Data File Author

Old December 22nd, 2011, 12:28 AM
At a guess, your modifications reference an option that no longer exists in the AB40k files. Quite a lot of changes are made between each release in order to deal with bugs and make the files easier to maintain, and it's likely you'll have to change your modifications to work with the new files.

Dan
AB40k Site Admin
http://www.ab40k.org - home of the AB40k maintainers
Spack is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Chapter Master

Old December 22nd, 2011, 05:34 AM
But I changed the new data files, and the only things I changed were names and descriptions; nothing too complicated or involved.
Chapter Master is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Spack
Volunteer Data File Author

Old December 22nd, 2011, 10:25 AM
Can you send your files to me to take a look at? Go to http://www.ab40k.org, register if you haven't already, and send me a Private Message on the forum with your files zipped up as an attachment. Or upload them somewhere on the web and send me the URL so I can download them. I'll try and find some time to take a look and see if I can figure out what changed - it looks like your copy and paste did more than just names and descriptions, it's copied over option references too which refer to an Imperial Armour unit option that no longer exists (probably because the new 2nd edition book changed the unit it came from).

Dan
AB40k Site Admin
http://www.ab40k.org - home of the AB40k maintainers
Spack is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mr_Rose

Old December 22nd, 2011, 02:31 PM
(dropbox are quite good. And free!)

Click here to get 2.25GB of DropBox cloud storage free!

I've always wondered about the first person that saw a lobster and said, "You know what? I'm going to eat that."
Mr_Rose is offline   #5 Reply With Quote