Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 14th, 2015, 05:25 PM
@the_redbeard: The model we have mapped out should theoretically allow you to accomplish what you've outlined. It depends on the specifics of what you are seeking to setup, so no promises. But it would likely work.
rob is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
adzling

Old November 15th, 2015, 11:50 AM
xclnt thanks.

Option 2 would solve all our issues at the table and beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by liz View Post
I think there's some misunderstandings about what player access is going to look like on the web. Rob addressed that awhile ago here, but I'll reiterate the key points.
  1. Free Player Access - There will be a free level on the web, which will allow players to view a limited amount of information. This level will target players that just want to see the information needed to play in that game session.
  2. Web "Player Edition" - With this paid level, players can view all revealed content just like the desktop version. In fact, anyone with a desktop license will have access to the features on the web. They have a Player Edition *account*, which is what controls access to features, just like on the desktop. The reason "Player Edition" is in quotes is because we may change the name.
The important point is that desktop Player Edition won't become useless once web-access releases. Many users will find it still useful, especially if their game space doesn't have internet access. Also, their desktop license unlocks the full player web-access, so it's a win-win.

I hope that clarifies things a bit!
adzling is offline   #32 Reply With Quote