Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

JustinThomason

Old July 3rd, 2015, 11:07 AM
Has anyone else noticed a major slowdown for downloads from the Lone Wolf file server over the past few weeks?

The past couple of times I have needed to update either Hero Lab or Realm Works the download has proceeded at a crawl. The first time I thought it might have just been a case of traffic, because I knew the update had just gone up, but it has continued to be an issue since then.

I'm hoping that this is a temporary issue (related to the Content Market roll-out perhaps?), because the amount of time it is taking to download a new build of Realm Works is unusually long, and the full Pathfinder data package at almost 200 MB is taking 10 or 15 minutes.

Just wondering if anyone else is having the same issue.

Thanks.
JustinThomason is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 3rd, 2015, 11:13 AM
I noticed some slow downs on the forums yesterday afternoon. But everything seems fine today. I know LW had server issues a few days ago and I wonder if its taking awhile for the fixes/changes to populate to all the internet servers. In example DNS changes can take 48hrs to populate everywhere.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
JustinThomason

Old July 11th, 2015, 02:01 PM
Cross posted in the Realm Works forum.

I'm still having ridiculously slow download speeds from the Realm Works and Hero Lab servers. I got a new computer, and I'm trying to get all my software up to speed. I'm getting super slow speeds from the Lone Wolf servers - like 100 Kbps sorts of speeds. It took close to an hour to download the Pathfinder dataset.

I'm not getting anywhere near that slow on any other site, and I've been downloading a lot of installation packages today. My WiFi connection is pretty reliably 15-20 Mbps, so I don't think the problem is a connection on my end.

It certainly makes adding sources and managing my Lone Wolf programs a major pain when the downloads take such a long time. Any thoughts on what the slowdown might be would be most appreciated.
JustinThomason is offline   #3 Reply With Quote