Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

goviwan

Send a message via Skype™ to goviwan

Old September 25th, 2014, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
The 61 items is what you get when you have no additional items. In other words, if you select Game Defaults in your configure window, you will get 61 items in that list. So, that would seem to indicate that either the community set isn't getting loaded or your attempt to select the source is somehow not working. Since you are getting the sources to appear in the configure window, that means the community set is being loaded.

Assuming you have paid for the d20 system, you shouldn't have to do anything with your license. You could reactivate it just to see if that helps.

One other thing you could try is to open the editor, go to the bow in question, remove the source, and hit Test Now. With no source checked, it should appear no matter how your configure window is set up. If it still doesn't, then you may have to uninstall and re-install. I have no idea what could be causing such an issue.
Apparently, if you create a character prior to adding all the custom content, it doesn't update automatically when you later add all the custom content. I didn't know this. I thought that when I was setting all of the custom content to 'on' as default, it would update all portfolios within a particular game system. I was checking my sources when loading the game system on startup and didn't know I could change it while in an open session. I got it figured out. Sorry for the waste of time...

Thanks for your help Sendric!
goviwan is offline   #291 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old September 25th, 2014, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goviwan View Post
Thanks for your help Sendric!
No problem. Glad you got it working.
Sendric is offline   #292 Reply With Quote
bayushisan

Old October 5th, 2014, 01:37 AM
One small question. Has anyone ever converted the Tome of Magic?
bayushisan is offline   #293 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old October 5th, 2014, 02:08 AM
I have taken a crack at it, I have Truenamer sorta working, but its full of glitches. It is not an easy book, it is full of strange classes that don't really translate into HL all that well.

Truenamer -----> Maneuvers with skill checks..
Shadowcaster --> Mysteries, which are like WTF, this is the only class I haven't a clue how it functions. The book explains it very poorly.
Binder ----------> Vestiges.... How the heck would that even be implemented.
--Bind requires some form of deity selection to make that work.

So, yes it has been looked into, perhaps ShadowChemosh or Sendric would know how to code. But as far as I believe, HL lacks the functionality to handle this in the d20 (pathfinder could probably do this fairly easy with Deities and Archtypes.)
TobyFox2002 is offline   #294 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 5th, 2014, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TobyFox2002 View Post
So, yes it has been looked into, perhaps ShadowChemosh or Sendric would know how to code. But as far as I believe, HL lacks the functionality to handle this in the d20 (pathfinder could probably do this fairly easy with Deities and Archtypes.)
Deities is on my list to add for d20. Also archetypes in pathfinder are built from the d20 Variant class frame work. So I had also planned to up the capabilities for the variant classes.

Better ability to support Tome of Battle and Tome of Magic does need to be added.

Just keep in mind Pathfinder has had "years" to build up to supporting those things. So this is why you have seen allot of "base" changes to d20 as I need to do to support better features.

Really important first I think is Spells that can be assigned to multiple classes.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #295 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old October 5th, 2014, 09:25 AM
I wasn't criticizing, I was just saying that I didn't know how to implement those classes. Heck I don't even understand shadowcaster. :P

But you do a great job, I have no complaints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Deities is on my list to add for d20. Also archetypes in pathfinder are built from the d20 Variant class frame work. So I had also planned to up the capabilities for the variant classes.

Better ability to support Tome of Battle and Tome of Magic does need to be added.

Just keep in mind Pathfinder has had "years" to build up to supporting those things. So this is why you have seen allot of "base" changes to d20 as I need to do to support better features.

Really important first I think is Spells that can be assigned to multiple classes.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #296 Reply With Quote
bayushisan

Old October 5th, 2014, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post

Please understand I love what you guys do. I have no idea whatsoever how to write any of this stuff, and the Tome of Magic is one my favorite books ever. (seriously I have much love for the Truenamer and Shadowcaster)

I was only curious. I much appreciate all the work you guys do, so let me say thank you for that. I'll keep my eyes open and be patient.
bayushisan is offline   #297 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old October 5th, 2014, 11:27 AM
If you can help me understand the shadowcaster a little better, I will take another crack at it.

I've sent you a private message. Please check it, it has my Skype information.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #298 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 5th, 2014, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TobyFox2002 View Post
I wasn't criticizing, I was just saying that I didn't know how to implement those classes.
Yea I know. I was just giving a "future plans look" at it was all. I want to have d20 support the "mechanics" of those 3.5 books even though I can't put in the actual data/text.

Sorry if my writing is bad this weekend. I have a killing cold/flu thing that is making my head all foggy...

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #299 Reply With Quote
johnwhite559

Old October 28th, 2014, 11:24 AM
im having trouble getting the data set to work on HL, i follow the PDF instructions and when i restart hero lab and go to create a character it says"error duplicate" with a list of files. I have tried everything i know on how to fix this but just cant. Any help would be awesome!
johnwhite559 is offline   #300 Reply With Quote