Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition

Notices

Ras_Nsi

Old February 2nd, 2023, 07:44 AM
I'm trying to create a custom creature as there's no DM content for Fall of Plaguestone, but I can't seem to just add a supernatuaral ability to a creature. There's a wolf with a two action acidic line attack with a basic reflex save to defend against it.

However, you cannot seem to create custom attacks like this, only a ranged or melee attack.

Am I missing something
Ras_Nsi is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 2nd, 2023, 07:54 AM
The very last table on the Customize Ancestry tab is "Custom Ability (Unique to this ancestry)". Add the Generic Ability from that table, and then customize it with all the settings for this ability.

(the natural weapons are for things with attack rolls, not things with saving throws).
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
Ras_Nsi

Old February 2nd, 2023, 03:54 PM
Hi Mathais, That's what I've tried to do, but from what I can find there's no way to make that ability deal damage. I can mark that it was a DC, but there's no way to include damage die even though marking it as an offensive ability or a spellcasting ability.

Even the permanent adjustments won't help as they only change the damage for weapons, not abilities.

Is it possible to add damage to an ability?
Ras_Nsi is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Daniel V
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 3rd, 2023, 12:14 AM
I don't think we have the capability to add damage to a custom ability currently. It's on my list of something I'd like to get in, but as with all things it is heavily dependent on a lot of other factors (mainly books in the pipeline, bug fixes, other projects, etc).

For the moment though, what you could do is find a similar ability to what you want from the Offensive Abilities table and customize that. There's some further expansion I'd like to do to the customization options there, but currently you can alter damage dice count/size, DC, range, and description.
Daniel V is offline   #4 Reply With Quote