Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds

Notices

Cgeist7

Old August 9th, 2010, 11:37 AM
Request: When you select Duplication as a power, can there be an option to make a copy of the core character as a duplicate? If I have a character with 4 duplicates, it is just a pain to input the same stats, skills and powers multiple times (for use in the Combat Tracker).

A further option would be to make the duplicates scaled copies of the main character.

Thanks!

CG7
Cgeist7 is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 9th, 2010, 02:16 PM
@CGeist:
Myself, I've always gotten around that by using the Duplicate Character option in the portfolio menu options. I know Colen was working on a way to be able to copy-and-paste before this 3E kerflouffle. Hopefully he still releases it.
Duggan is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
TCArknight

Old August 11th, 2010, 12:35 PM
Something I noticed regarding the Affliction effect:

The Limited Degree flaw properly reduces the degrees to choose from from 3 to 2 (or 1 if two ranks of Limited Degree are taken). However, the Extra Condition modifier does not provide an additional dropdown to choose the extra condition for each degree.
TCArknight is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 12th, 2010, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fillerbunny_x1 View Post
Adding the alarm feature seems to have the side effect of bumping up Flight by 1 point on vehicles
I can't reproduce this at all; which vehicles are you running into this problem with?
Colen is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 12th, 2010, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Sunday View Post
I have a Ranged Damage 3 Strength based (Str 2) power. I am unable to buy the range up to 5.
For now, you should be able to do this by adding 2 ranks to the (Strength Bonus) Damage power and giving it the "Improved Range" extra.
Colen is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 12th, 2010, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sak0232 View Post
I had the same problem with Str-based Multiattack and Burst Area extras. I looked how you did it for the Speedster archetype. Is there a more intuitive way to offer these options?
I want to allow you to add more "partial" ranks than is strictly possible, so you could have a power like Strength-based Damage 3 (Improved Range [to 5 ranks]), but that will require some tweaking of the files. It's definitely something I want to add in a future update.
Colen is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 12th, 2010, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sak0232 View Post
Also, the statblocks do not output the initiative bonus. Am I missing something?
It looks like the statblock got stuffed up somehow - the initiative should be listed under the Offense section, which is missing. I'll fix this for the next release.
Colen is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 12th, 2010, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothenem View Post
I don't know if its a bug, or if it's not in the rules, but there is no targeted area effect anymore (at least none that I could see). I wanted to make a speedster with a targeted area burst attack (punching all baddies within the radius), but could not get the option for attack rolls.
I don't think this is in the rules any more - I think area effects are always general area effects now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothenem View Post
Also, I wanted to add a linked power in a multiple effect power, but could not. Could this feature be added.
I'll see if I can get this included; I can't generally let you have nested multiple effects right now, but I think linked effects inside multiple effects should be doable.
Colen is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 12th, 2010, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgeist7 View Post
Request: When you select Duplication as a power, can there be an option to make a copy of the core character as a duplicate? If I have a character with 4 duplicates, it is just a pain to input the same stats, skills and powers multiple times (for use in the Combat Tracker).
We can't make copies of entire heroes like this at the moment - this is something that people have been requesting for a while. We definitely want to add it, but it's going to take some major work on Hero Lab to do.
Colen is offline   #39 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 12th, 2010, 12:16 PM
Thanks for the bug reports everyone else has submitted - I've noted them down, and I'll try to fix as many as possible in the next release.
Colen is offline   #40 Reply With Quote