Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun

Notices

adzling

Old September 11th, 2015, 06:48 AM
anyone figure out how to add a program carrier to a comlink yet?
I don't see that module/ dongle anywhere.
thanks
adzling is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
ShadowWalker

Old September 11th, 2015, 07:35 AM
To add a program carrier add a module. then scroll down the list and you will see the cyberdeck list of modules.
ShadowWalker is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Shadowtalon

Old September 12th, 2015, 09:52 PM
How do I designate a home node as an AI in order to receive the bonuses for doing so?
Shadowtalon is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Korwin

Old September 12th, 2015, 10:26 PM
Bought the german translation of Run Harder two days ago and thought why not buy the herolab data sets for run harder, I don't want to do the life paths per hand...
Did not find the Life Paths, did not find Karma Build. Did then, what I should have done before buying and looked in the forum...

For the future, is there a way to easily see if an data set is finished? Besides digging in the Forum?
Also why is the karma build option a problem? It was in the 4th Edition data sets?
Life paths I am able to understand, but why is Karma a problem child?

Btw. is the Street Grimoire fully finished?
Korwin is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
TheMaskedFerret

Old September 15th, 2015, 05:23 AM
For information on the state of the Data Files, while in Hero Labs using the Shadowrun 5 system, please go to Help>Shadowrun (5th) FAQ and Help>Shadowrun (5th) Manual. Also look at Help>Data File Release Notes.

Mathias has been busy with other projects and has not been able to dedicate the time to Shadowrun to add the other Character Generation methods. See the FAQ for more details.

FYI, in English, the book is called 'Run Faster'
TheMaskedFerret is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Korwin

Old September 17th, 2015, 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaskedFerret View Post
For information on the state of the Data Files, while in Hero Labs using the Shadowrun 5 system, please go to Help>Shadowrun (5th) FAQ and Help>Shadowrun (5th) Manual. Also look at Help>Data File Release Notes.
Yeah, a Little hidden.

Quote:
Mathias has been busy with other projects and has not been able to dedicate the time to Shadowrun to add the other Character Generation methods. See the FAQ for more details.

FYI, in English, the book is called 'Run Faster'
I cooled off a little since first posting, still without the alternate (=useful) Char generation methods the two data sets (SR5 base + run faster) are useless to me. So wasted $ 30,--.

Will be more warry in the future and dive into the FAQ's before buying again.

On the plus side, I saw an update to the 4th edition data sets. Which makes me happy.
Korwin is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Doc Dee

Old October 1st, 2015, 12:27 AM
Is there a reason why there is not an option to add modules to devices other than cyberdecks, specifically the Program Carrier? The description for hardwiring a module into a device on p.66 only specifies cyberdecks when it mentions you can hardwire a module into one and also plug a module into the standard module slot.

"Add a Module: You can hardwire a cyberdeck module
into a device. You need the module you want to add
to the device. Most devices can only have one module,
although cyberdecks can have two—one in the normal
module slot, and the one you hardwire in.
Hardwired
modules follow the same rules as normal modules (p.
64). This requires two packs of parts."

Hence, I should be able to hardwire a Virtual Machine Program Carrier module into my RCC, right?
Doc Dee is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Dinendae

Old October 11th, 2015, 06:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Dee View Post

Hence, I should be able to hardwire a Virtual Machine Program Carrier module into my RCC, right?
Yes, you can add one module to a RCC or Commlink; cyberdecks can have up to two modules added.
Dinendae is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 11th, 2015, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Dee View Post
Is there a reason why there is not an option to add modules to devices other than cyberdecks, specifically the Program Carrier? The description for hardwiring a module into a device on p.66 only specifies cyberdecks when it mentions you can hardwire a module into one and also plug a module into the standard module slot.

"Add a Module: You can hardwire a cyberdeck module
into a device. You need the module you want to add
to the device. Most devices can only have one module,
although cyberdecks can have two—one in the normal
module slot, and the one you hardwire in.
Hardwired
modules follow the same rules as normal modules (p.
64). This requires two packs of parts."

I just tested this, and I can't reproduce this issue. I can add the "Add a Module" device modification and then the Program Carrier Module to an RCC without any problems.
Mathias is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
BrotherPrętus

Old October 15th, 2015, 03:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
I just tested this, and I can't reproduce this issue. I can add the "Add a Module" device modification and then the Program Carrier Module to an RCC without any problems.
Interestingly, the Vectored Signal Filter module does not seem to be applying its Noise Reduction to the RCC, but the Signal Scrub program works fine.

I have tried a couple of different times to see if it was just my imagination and it continues to not apply the module's value like it does the program. Submitting a bug report on this.
BrotherPrętus is offline   #20 Reply With Quote