Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

MaxSupernova

Old January 14th, 2016, 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_redbeard View Post
So, I'm guessing the following:

1) We'll be able to purchase the 5e SRD for Realm Works when the Content Market is available.

2) The 5e SRD for Realm Works would include:
a) The full text of the 5e SRD as topics and snippets in the Mechanics Reference of Realm Works.
b) Default selections and choices for snippets (like race, class, background, flaws, personality traits, etc) will reflect the options within 5e.

Is that correct?

And question: are you hiring free lancers to assist with data input for that?
Don't forget that the 5e SRD isn't the complete text of the game manuals. For example, there is only one single feat listed in the SRD (Grappling) as a format placeholder to show how to present the data. There are other things like that in the SRD, so getting it in Realm Works format won't be like having the books digitally.

Also notice that the OGL only covers what's in the SRD, so the missing elements aren't covered by the OGL.

EDIT: Also missing are some subclasses, some monastic traditions, some artifacts.

Last edited by MaxSupernova; January 14th, 2016 at 07:43 AM.
MaxSupernova is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
wildfire142

Old January 14th, 2016, 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxSupernova View Post
Don't forget that the 5e SRD isn't the complete text of the game manuals. For example, there is only one single feat listed in the SRD (Grappling) as a format placeholder to show how to present the data. There are other things like that in the SRD, so getting it in Realm Works format won't be like having the books digitally.

Also notice that the OGL only covers what's in the SRD, so the missing elements aren't covered by the OGL.

EDIT: Also missing are some monsters, some subclasses, some monastic traditions, some artifacts.
Aye, but don't forget having the majority of the system entered and what I would assume to be pre-formated categories with snippets and tags all laid out would make adding stuff your self a snap.

I know when I've been putting rules and stuff in setting up the categories, snippets and tags takes a fair bit of thought before I get started on something.
wildfire142 is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
MaxSupernova

Old January 14th, 2016, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire142 View Post
Aye, but don't forget having the majority of the system entered and what I would assume to be pre-formated categories with snippets and tags all laid out would make adding stuff your self a snap.

I know when I've been putting rules and stuff in setting up the categories, snippets and tags takes a fair bit of thought before I get started on something.
Good point. It will be much easier.

I just don't want people thinking they're getting the whole book, or thinking they can add in the extra content and still be OGL compliant. There could be some issues there.
MaxSupernova is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
DocSun

Old January 15th, 2016, 06:50 AM
If we buy the SRD when you release it and if you then secure a deal with WotC will our purchase automatically upgrade to the full 5e?
DocSun is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old January 15th, 2016, 02:45 PM
I doubt that it would auto upgrade. Look at the FG prices for licensed 5e content. The full content will be significantly more expensive. It would be nice to get a discount, but I wouldn't expect more than that.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Ninefingers

Old February 5th, 2016, 07:12 PM
Just another vote to push for a full license. Would love to be able to purchase complete 5E campaigns ready for Realmworks.
Ninefingers is offline   #16 Reply With Quote