Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 21st, 2015, 03:41 PM
A new release for Realm Works is now available! In addition to fixing a number of smaller changes, we’ve changed the way that image snippets are presented in Realm Works. The default size for all new picture and smart images has been doubled. Existing pictures and smart image snippets are unchanged, but it’s easy to update them to the new size. If you’re not a fan of the new size, it’s also possible to change it to the previous (smaller) size, or even larger sizes.

To change existing pictures or smart images, or to change the default size, follow the steps below:
  1. Under “Manage Preferences,” select the “Thumbnail Size” option;
  2. To update all your images to the new default, simply click “Update All Existing Thumbnails;” *
  3. If you want to change the default for everything, change the default size and then click “Update All Existing Thumbnails.” *
* Be aware that this conversion could be very lengthy (i.e. it could take minutes), depending on the number and size of the images within your realm.

For more details on this change to thumbnails, and to see the full list of changes and enhancements, please take a look at the Release Notes available within the product.

If you encounter problems following this new update, please submit a bug report.
liz is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old December 22nd, 2015, 01:15 AM
I have updated RW to ...209.

Changed thumbnail size throughout to the new default.

Modified a few relationships.

Now, when syncing up I get
Sync failed with error code: Sanity Failed to Update (-306)

(Don't you just hate it, when your sanity fails to update?)

I then loaded the realm without sync and rebuild the index (sometimes that helps).

Then I tried to sync again and get the "Local data conflicts with te cloud data" requester.

I choose "Discard cloud data and use local data" (since my local data must be ...209 and the cloud data must be ...208).

This gives me the sanity error again (in more sense than one) - but now with (-502) in stead of (-306).

Downloading the version in the cloud and discarding the local version seems to do the trick - so far. Even the changes I made got carried over.

A sync from local til cloud now works as expected.

Not sure what the morale is here, but thought I would put it here for others having problems. Something seems amiss but it seems recoverable.

PS: Bug report filed.

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old December 22nd, 2015, 01:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargr View Post
Sync failed with error code: Sanity Failed to Update (-306)
You've been playing Cthulu haven't you!

Sleet was enjoying a tasty beverage at his local tavern, when a Tarrasque showed up in the local area. He managed to valiantly get on it's back and ride it. How he did it is a mystery to this day...

RW: Engine Heart, I Love The Corps! Home Brew: Star Gate: Avalon, Monda Minutia. I'm good with: OpenOffice, Paint, Lego Digital Designer. & not so good with: Realm Works, Hero Lab, CC3+, GIMP, Cityographer, Hexographer, Fractal Mapper, AstroSynth, Inspiration Pad Pro. RW Kickstarter Supporter.
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old December 22nd, 2015, 01:31 AM
Could be - could be :-)

And I forgot to add, I like the bigger thumbnails - looks very nice and is in fact very useful.

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Nikmal

Old December 22nd, 2015, 04:06 AM
Ok, this is an odd thing that happened to my realms on the update. The update italicized my entire realm and all it's topics. I am not sure if this is a bug or not. It is not something I wanted though. But I am unsure if I should actually file a bug report about it or not.

edit: Bug report filed

Last edited by Nikmal; December 22nd, 2015 at 04:09 AM. Reason: Bug report filed
Nikmal is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old December 22nd, 2015, 05:21 AM
That definitely sounds like a bug.

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Vargr is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Vere

Old December 22nd, 2015, 07:42 AM
Happy to see larger thumbnails.

I was wondering for some time is it possible to add more text right next to the thumbnail than title and one line?
Vere is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
adzling

Old December 22nd, 2015, 08:12 AM
Thanks for the bigger thumbnails, it helps greatly.

Nice to see some attention is being paid to the the interface.
adzling is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old December 22nd, 2015, 04:37 PM
Updated and I am still unable to sync, I have responded to my ticket email.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old December 23rd, 2015, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exmortis View Post
Updated and I am still unable to sync, I have responded to my ticket email.
David to the rescue, I am now back!!!!

Be afraid, be very afraid!

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #10 Reply With Quote