Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Silveras

Old January 3rd, 2016, 01:49 PM
Back around the time of the Kickstarter, the Content Market was talked about as a companion to the Repository, which was to be the vehicle for us to re-use content (both our own, and purchased).

The Repository has not been mentioned recently, so what is the current plan for content re-use, and how much of that capability (if any) will be in the initial release of the Content Market?
Silveras is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old January 3rd, 2016, 09:16 PM
Related to the previous suggestion about HeroLab integration:

If game systems are supported in HeroLab, and related adventures/ setting content is released for RealmWorks through the Content Market, what are the plans for bundling?

For instnace, Rise of the Runelords has been the example Realm for a lot of material, and the launching point for many licensing endeavors. At present, in addition to the Player Content support in HeroLab, there is also an Encounter Library of ready-to-use HeroLab Portfolios based on the encounters in the Adventure Path. Syrinscape also offers sound sets specifically for Rise of the Runelords.

Are there plans to offer the Realms with and without pre-inserted HeroLab support when available?

ex.
Rise of the Runelords with Encounter Library $XX.XX
Rise of the Runelords without Encounter Library $YY.YY
Silveras is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old January 9th, 2016, 04:58 PM
When multiple sources include material on the same topic how will RW integrate that material if you buy all those sources? For instance Rise of the Runelords, Varisia and the Inner Sea World Guide all over lap on quite a lot of topics.

EDIT: An actual example would be helpful.

Last edited by kbs666; January 9th, 2016 at 06:38 PM.
kbs666 is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old January 10th, 2016, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
When multiple sources include material on the same topic how will RW integrate that material if you buy all those sources? For instance Rise of the Runelords, Varisia and the Inner Sea World Guide all over lap on quite a lot of topics.

EDIT: An actual example would be helpful.
See post #2, the first suggested question

The Inner Sea Primer and Inner Sea World Guide are, I think, better examples... as one provides the Player-oriented "spoiler-free" version of a topic, and the other provides the GM-oriented complete version of the same article.
Silveras is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
HippyCraig

Old January 19th, 2016, 01:10 PM
I have a question around the content market, if I buy an adventure, and I download it to one of my realms and later I create a new realm for another group that wants to run the same game, can I redownload it from the market place or do I only get one copy to pull down? I would think since I purchase it once I can download it to as many realms that I have in my account.
HippyCraig is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
HippyCraig

Old January 21st, 2016, 03:40 PM
Any thoughts??
HippyCraig is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old January 21st, 2016, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HippyCraig View Post
Any thoughts??
That information hasn't been released yet, so no-one can answer.
Farling is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old January 21st, 2016, 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HippyCraig View Post
I have a question around the content market, if I buy an adventure, and I download it to one of my realms and later I create a new realm for another group that wants to run the same game, can I redownload it from the market place or do I only get one copy to pull down? I would think since I purchase it once I can download it to as many realms that I have in my account.
This is answered by the first question in the Cloud Service FAQ. To summarize:

If you don't have Cloud Service, you can duplicate purchased content realms but cannot merge realms at all. (So your campaign realm could only have one purchased content realm.)

If you have Cloud Service, you can merge as many purchased content realms into your other realms as you want, as well as duplicating them.

Last edited by Parody; January 21st, 2016 at 09:20 PM.
Parody is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Billy277

Old January 23rd, 2016, 07:31 PM
I'm hoping this is the right place to ask this, but I basically created a forum account just to ask:

With regard to Pathfinder, everything I've read about what's being made available is specific to certain locations and adventures/modules. Will there be any "generic" content available for use in the Content Market? In particular I'm thinking of Paizo's Flip-Mats and Map Packs, which I love using in my games. I'd similarly love to be able to plop one of them in a Realm Works campaign for a scene that might not be in the official adventure.

Thank you!
Billy277 is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
The Numerator

Old January 28th, 2016, 07:31 PM
Most basic, and I'm dying to know... approximately when will the content market be launched (more specific than early 2016), and can you indicate which APs will be available initially, and approximately how long until other APs are available?

For example, I'm currently running Runelords and Giantslayer with two different groups. I just purchased Realmworks (yay!) and was going to begin the process of creating a realm for the Giantslayer game. However, if this is going to be an early AP released in, say, the second quarter this year, I may delay spending the time in building it from scratch and instead just wait for the content. If it won't be available until 2017, then I wouldn't want to wait...
The Numerator is offline   #20 Reply With Quote