Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 9th, 2015, 07:39 PM
A new release for Realm Works is now available! We believe this release fixes the few remaining issues following our big October release that had prevented users from using Realm Works. If anyone is still encountering bugs that prevent you from using Realm Works in some way, please open a new support ticket and let us know.

To see the full list of changes and enhancements, please take a look at the Release Notes available within the product.
liz is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old December 9th, 2015, 09:57 PM
Thanks for the bug fixes and BIG THANKS for the speed performance in loading new tabs!

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old December 10th, 2015, 03:22 PM
Well after being bug free for a while, this last patch has one of my realms down.
Bug report below:

After most recent patch went into one of my realms, and noticed three topics under "places" were no longer under their contained topic "A Haunted Mansion".

So I clicked on one and choose its proper contained topic and realm crashed (twice, once at work and replicated it here at home just now).

Now I get communication error only when I try and sync that realm "World of Daede". Since I can sync and login and get here, I suspect its a realm issue not my system or ISP.

Sorry Rob and team, I was pullin for ya that you had it all worked out.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 10th, 2015, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exmortis View Post
Well after being bug free for a while, this last patch has one of my realms down.
We'll definitely need your database for this one. So please send it with the support ticket if you haven't done so already.
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old December 10th, 2015, 09:15 PM
One of my players had an issue resulting in a crash when he tried to synch my realm after having upgraded to ...208.

Apparently repeatedly.

I asked him to log in, enter the realm without synching first, rebuild index, exit RW completely, re-start RW and synch the offending realm. This time around there was no problems.

Just putting it here in case someone can use that bit of information.

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
wurzel

Old December 11th, 2015, 02:40 AM
I also just had several crashes after modifying one topic that were gone after I rebuilt the index.
wurzel is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 11th, 2015, 03:05 AM
Please open a support ticket and get us a copy of your database. This is for both @wurzel AND the player of @Vargr that had the crash.

Thanks!
rob is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old December 11th, 2015, 03:08 AM
@Rob:

Is the DB still useful now that the problem is resolved?
I am sure I can get it to you, but if the incriminating evidence has been wiped, it would just be a waste of time.

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Last edited by Vargr; December 11th, 2015 at 03:14 AM.
Vargr is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 11th, 2015, 03:13 AM
For issues with the name indexing engine, "fixed" databases can still be quite useful. Unless you deleted the entire database and started over from scratch, the information we need could very well still be there. If it's not, that also tells us some valuable information that will help to narrow down exactly where the problem is. So please send the databases to us.

Edit: We log a bunch of stuff in the database to help diagnose issues like this. That's why the info we need is likely still present.
rob is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old December 11th, 2015, 04:03 AM
Bug report being uploaded now.

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Vargr is offline   #10 Reply With Quote