Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

bodrin

Old December 2nd, 2015, 01:34 PM
Woot.

Congratulations LWD

Dormio Forte Somnio

Community Created Resources :
Data Package Repositories :
d20pfsrd
Custom Character Sheets
Community Server Setup (Packs)

Hero Lab Help- Video Tutorials and Pathfinder FAQ

Created by the community for the community
bodrin is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Lexin

Send a message via Skype™ to Lexin

Old December 2nd, 2015, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lord Galen View Post
Lets all hope this partnership is not short lived.
Or the only one. I want Chaosium to get on board as I don't play Pathfinder. I'm still playing Call of Cthulhu 6e and D&D2e...

--
Lexin

GM from Gwynedd, Wales - seriously old school - playing RPGs since 1980!

Tools: Realm Works, HeroLab, Campaign Cartographer 3+
Lexin is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old December 2nd, 2015, 02:07 PM
I wish you good Luck and positive reviews with the big feature. I will subscribe to the spotlight and see what's announced there.

Looking forward to 2016.

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old December 2nd, 2015, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lord Galen View Post
Lots of
Congratulations on getting on the first page of their good news announcement with your usual negativity, since you already know the answers.
Farling is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old December 2nd, 2015, 05:15 PM
This is a very positive development. Although, I run a DnD 5e campaign and probably won't be able to make use of Paizo content, this deal means a great deal for the long-term viability of the product and makes putting your content in RW look like a safer bet to other companies. Pathfinder support seems to have really driven the popularity of HL. Let's hope it does the same for RW. Also, now that I think about it, I probably *can* make use of lots of Pathfinder content BECAUSE it will be in RW. It should be easy to take adventures or monster manuals and simply change stat blocks or mechanics references. I would be much more likely to do that with easily-edited digital content than buying a book.

I don't understand the negativity of a couple of the posts in this thread. It smacks of sour grapes. As much as I want custom calendars, export, printing, individual character reveal, and a litany of other features, none of them has as much importance to the long-term viability of RW as does striking content deals with major publishers. If RW is not profitable, we might never get the features we want and could lose the rest, running a no-longer supported program, like so many other products that litter the wasteland of TRPG-support software failures.

I just don't see any reason for being upset at this development and see so many reasons to be excited, whether or not you run Pathfinder campaigns.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote

Last edited by MNBlockHead; December 2nd, 2015 at 08:55 PM. Reason: typo corrections
MNBlockHead is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
JustinThomason

Old December 2nd, 2015, 07:29 PM
Well said @MNBlockHead. I am exceptionally excited about this development.
JustinThomason is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
meek75

Old December 3rd, 2015, 03:50 AM
Ditto! @MNBlockhead The content market is the most exciting news we've had since the launch of RW. I've had some negative things to say about RW at times (most recently about stability), but the content market has the potential to bring amazing growth to the product and the better RW does the better it is for all of us -- even if you never use the market. I havn't played in Pathfinder in a few years now, but I still am anxious to see the market launch.

Also, remember that the market is likely to bring with it some other needed features, like being able to duplicate one of your own realms.
meek75 is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old December 3rd, 2015, 04:57 AM
A significant part of the gaming market uses premade product exclusively. For them RW is useless until they can buy stuff like Paizo's products and drop them right into it. This makes RW much more viable and will boost LWD's sales immediately which makes us all better off as it makes it more likely that this product will thrive down the road.
kbs666 is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Pollution

Old December 3rd, 2015, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
A significant part of the gaming market uses premade product exclusively. For them RW is useless until they can buy stuff like Paizo's products and drop them right into it.
I disagree to an extent. I, myself, am one of these kinds of users. I'd rather run a full module or AP than create my own story. I find it easier, leaving me more time to focus on other things (like making dinner for my players).

But, I've been putting in RW data from these modules since RW launched. Which gave me more organization and better player aids (maps, handouts, etc...) from day one because I could display a blown up image on a second screen.

So, while it took me longer to prep for a game, I found it to be WAY better than trying to page through a book at the table. Worth the extra time in RW, where I'd usually read and notate in the books. I went from an hour a week prep time with a book (after reading it once) to about 2 hours per week for input.

And, it helped me understand the story/events better and how everything tied together better.

Quote:
This makes RW much more viable and will boost LWD's sales immediately which makes us all better off as it makes it more likely that this product will thrive down the road.
But yes, this will be even better. Especially if you read the module first, then use the Realm at the table. Saves on input time.
Pollution is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old December 3rd, 2015, 09:32 AM
I need to chat to the friendly neighbourhood people at Savage Worlds...

Sleet was enjoying a tasty beverage at his local tavern, when a Tarrasque showed up in the local area. He managed to valiantly get on it's back and ride it. How he did it is a mystery to this day...

RW: Engine Heart, I Love The Corps! Home Brew: Star Gate: Avalon, Monda Minutia. I'm good with: OpenOffice, Paint, Lego Digital Designer. & not so good with: Realm Works, Hero Lab, CC3+, GIMP, Cityographer, Hexographer, Fractal Mapper, AstroSynth, Inspiration Pad Pro. RW Kickstarter Supporter.
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #20 Reply With Quote