Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Joe
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 27th, 2015, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exmortis View Post
Do not get me wrong, the idea of custom view is very cool, and I will use it, why did you have to cram everything I spent from release working on nicely organized and separate into one great big pile?
Ahhhh.... I feel bad for missing this.

We had a lot of people clamoring to have everything shown in the World Almanac. We wanted to make sure people didn't lose what they had worked to set up in the Story Almanac, but I hadn't considered the reverse.

Rob and I are discussing how we might tackle this.

I wouldn't start tearing apart your realm just yet. We think we may have a solution in the works that should make everyone happy. I will keep you posted on this thread.

Last edited by Joe; March 27th, 2015 at 03:31 PM. Reason: New Information
Joe is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old March 27th, 2015, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
Ahhhh.... I feel bad for missing this.

We had a lot of people clamoring to have everything shown in the World Almanac. We wanted to make sure people didn't lose what they had worked to set up in the Story Almanac, but I hadn't considered the reverse.

Rob and I are discussing how we might tackle this.

I wouldn't start tearing apart your realm just yet. We think we may have a solution in the works that should make everyone happy. I will keep you posted on this thread.
Thank very much for the post. I know I went off a bit on a rant, don't anyone at LWD RW dev team take it to heart, it was just a shocker is all. In real life I am a bit of a semi-slob at times, however anything on a computer is just the opposite I am meticulous in my organization. I have made at least 20 passed over chapter 1 of my campaign story linking story elements to my world elements, and vice versa, in fact after each topic is done I spent 20+ minutes building the links sometimes (LOVE this feature by the way).

The flexibility of RW is beyond compare, and by far its greatest strength, however that also is its greatest hurdle when jumping in and starting off, and I suspect its hardest aspect to control from the back end.

Anyway appreciate the notice, and I will leave it as is until further notice. thanks Joe for the heads up.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old March 27th, 2015, 04:55 PM
When linking, I am often getting the "Name Re-Used: Select Desired Target" message with two options to choose. Both are the same thing and both go to the correct target. It appears to be a visual glitch but it could have some deep down hidden gotcha's that I am trying to ignore. Thought I'd mention....

FOLLOW-UP -- Seems to only be for Region: Urban items for some reason. After a shutdown and restart it continues. Reporting as a bug....

Last edited by AEIOU; March 27th, 2015 at 05:06 PM.
AEIOU is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old March 27th, 2015, 06:12 PM
Hi there!

I saw this as well, but it was in the previous version already and with the entiy "individual" which were showing up twice. I started to search for duplicates but could not find them. So it does not seem something brand-new.

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Joe
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 27th, 2015, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEIOU View Post
FOLLOW-UP -- Seems to only be for Region: Urban items for some reason. After a shutdown and restart it continues. Reporting as a bug....
It seems very unlikely that this would affect one specific category in general. What's probably happening is that you've got something going on in your particular urban regions that you don't often do in other topics. Is there anything complex or unusual you're doing with them that aren't generally doing in your other topics? Or using any features you aren't using often elsewhere?

For example, using the prefix/suffix, using aliases, unusual naming conventions, etc?
Joe is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old March 27th, 2015, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
It does not affect me a lot, but maybe interesting for others as well - Will this be a generic solution for the whole playerbase or is this a fix for this individual case?

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Joe
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 27th, 2015, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acenoid View Post
It does not affect me a lot, but maybe interesting for others as well - Will this be a generic solution for the whole playerbase or is this a fix for this individual case?
This would be an enhancement for everyone's use.
Joe is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 27th, 2015, 08:28 PM
@Exmortis: Hopefully, you'll be happy with the solution we came up with that just appeared in build 191. <fingers crossed>

We're pretty sure it's a good, general solution that will work for everyone.
rob is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Joe
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 27th, 2015, 08:33 PM
We've released an update. In addition to fixing a few bugs and crashes, you ALSO get a new button in the ribbon next to your custom views: Invert View.

This will show you all the content NOT in that view. Effectively, this duplicates the old behavior of Story and World almanacs, except it is now accessible with any custom view you create.

World Almanac still holds all topics. Mechanics reference still holds all articles. But if you go to a custom view such as Story Almanac and click "Invert View", you'll see everything that ISN'T in the Story Almanac, which should be exactly the content that used to be in the old world almanac before the update. The view inversion is "live" in the sense that if you ever REMOVE something from a custom view, it will automatically appear in the view when inverted.

You can, of course, look at a view in one tab, and its inverted cousin in another tab (or as many others as you like).

We're pretty happy with this addition as it should give everyone the option to use things as they want and ignore the rest. If you liked what we originally released, you might not ever use view inversion. If you like the way it worked in the past, not only can you get that workflow again, but it's now extended to any custom views you want to utilize it on. Give it a spin and let us know what you think.
Joe is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old March 27th, 2015, 08:35 PM
@Joe: I think you're right. The Region:Urban's just contain a dozen or so shops so they are pretty mundane. But the links were all in a large quick reference index table in the format of Quarter / Vendor Type / Shop Name / Map ID. And not every Region:Urban item was linking like that. I'll check into it more over the next week. It was more of an annoyance but in case it was bigger than I suspected, I wanted to mention.
AEIOU is offline   #20 Reply With Quote