Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 24th, 2014, 01:33 PM
Out of curiosity, what does your game table look like with Realm Works? This is one of my tables.

liz is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
mirtos

Old July 24th, 2014, 01:35 PM
Thats a nice one. Im in the process of setting up a projector that projects down. (both for Realms Works and for Maptools (what i prefer for the VTT).

(I keep RW and Hero Running on the DM laptop, and have a "PC" laptop, hooked up to the projector)

We use a pool table (with a cover to protect the felt) as the gaming table...
mirtos is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 24th, 2014, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirtos View Post
We use a pool table (with a cover to protect the felt) as the gaming table...
Thats almost exactly what I use. Only difference my pool table has a hard wood top that goes over it giving us lots of room.

Here is one where you can just see RW in the top left corner behind the PC's dread pirate ship!
Pirate1 Small.jpg

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Erdrix

Old July 24th, 2014, 03:51 PM
This is my set up. My computer runs the three monitors on the desk and another computer runs the TV on the right. We use the TV on the right as the main map and everyone just sits in the living room sofas and use a wireless mouse to move their tokens.

Erdrix is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old July 24th, 2014, 04:18 PM
where is the table?

Nice pictures!
Acenoid is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Dervish

Old July 24th, 2014, 05:24 PM
Sadly we have not used a table in years however i got my wife to agree to let me build a table that can house an LCD/LED screen with a touch screen overlay i just have to paint my house, resurface my roof, insulate our entryway, Build her a sewing table with more storage,then build a wall bed for her mom, and redo the floors in our house...
Dervish is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
morval

Old July 24th, 2014, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Thats almost exactly what I use. Only difference my pool table has a hard wood top that goes over it giving us lots of room.

Here is one where you can just see RW in the top left corner behind the PC's dread pirate ship!
Attachment 2990
Hey thats a Worldworks pirate ship! I bought almost all of the worldworks stuff, but never made much. I should check how things are going over there. I'm more into VTT now though.
morval is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 24th, 2014, 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by morval View Post
Hey thats a Worldworks pirate ship! I bought almost all of the worldworks stuff, but never made much. I should check how things are going over there. I'm more into VTT now though.
One of my GMs uses VTT but he projects it down onto the table (a pool table with a wooden surface funny enough) ... so we still use pirate ships and the like sometimes. We just make sure our VTT is updated along with our characters on the table.
liz is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 24th, 2014, 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by liz View Post
One of my GMs uses VTT but he projects it down onto the table (a pool table with a wooden surface funny enough) ... so we still use pirate ships and the like sometimes. We just make sure our VTT is updated along with our characters on the table.
I did that for many years also actually but we still used real miniatures as I have WAY too many to not use them. Pool tables as playing surfaces seem to be a theme...

I had an older projector and to get the throw distance right I had to bounce this off a mirror. I am actually projecting a NWN map of a sewer as it allowed me to very quickly make a map for the game. Then the underlying square map could be seen so players could move there characters.
Table Map3.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by morval View Post
I got lucky as one of my players got into making the stuff. So I purchased it and he printed it all out and put it together. So I can't take credit other than being lucky to have a player that adds to stuff to the game.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; July 24th, 2014 at 09:08 PM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
monsterfurby

Old July 25th, 2014, 01:57 AM
Wow, that's quite fancy.

My group plays on roll20, so my game table is literally either my desk or my two screens...
monsterfurby is offline   #10 Reply With Quote