Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

SteveT
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 8th, 2021, 01:58 PM
UPDATE: I have what I need for now in terms of the structure exports I requested. So don't worry about sending me any further structure exports for now.
SteveT is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old June 10th, 2021, 03:07 AM
ok sorry that I was not fast enough. I started messing around with it yesterday.
However if you need more / different reports let us know. I am very interested in helping to resolve all those issues.

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
SteveT
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 18th, 2021, 01:50 PM
There is a new release (build 257) now available that fixes the "object reference not set to an instance of an object" crash when re-importing content from a realm that contained user-created categories. This crash began to occur in build 254, and is the last remaining known issue with builds 254-256 that wasn't present in build 253 (the other issues mentioned in this thread appear likely to have been already present in build 253).

We recommend that all users on builds 253-256 upgrade to build 257, though you are not required to. However, if you are currently on build 253 be aware that once you run with build 257, you will no longer be able to go back to build 253 unless you perform the workaround described earlier in this thread (which requires that you sync everything with the server first and later sync everything back down again).

Regarding the other issues mentioned in this thread, as I mentioned they most likely were already present in build 253. Unfortunately I can't make any promises because I have many duties outside of Realm Works that take up my time, however you are welcome to open a support case especially if the issue is debilitating. It is especially helpful if you are able to provide either simple reproduction steps I could replicate or export files that can be used to reproduce the issue. It also can be helpful if you can describe to what extent the issue is debilitating and/or widespread.

Thank you for your patience and for your help in tracking down these issues, it is greatly appreciated!
SteveT is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Valyar

Old June 18th, 2021, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT View Post
Thank you for your patience and for your help in tracking down these issues, it is greatly appreciated!
You are our hero! Please visit this forum more often and hopefully - tell us good news for RW's future :P

The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.
Valyar is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old June 19th, 2021, 06:03 AM
Thank you, Steve! This is fantastic!
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Valyar

Old June 20th, 2021, 12:09 AM
The new update didn't initiate automatic backup that happens before version update. Was this intentional?

The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.
Valyar is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old June 21st, 2021, 08:50 AM
Great job! Will upgrade and test ASAP!

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Merion

Old June 22nd, 2021, 07:24 AM
Just want to chime in and say a huge thanks for addressing the issues that pained the user base the most!

We all wish for active development and new features, but hunting down those breaking bugs at least is at least something and we are grateful!

Find my stuff on

_|_ F i c t i o n a l m a p s . c o m _|_ D r i v e t h r u R P G _|_
Merion is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Janrith

Old August 16th, 2021, 04:20 PM
So far a number of imports succeeded normally in 257 woot! I just hit a commit/rollback error but not it seemed to resolve itself on the second attempt.

Thanks SOO much for fixing this! You guys Rock!
Janrith is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
nancynam0623

Old September 15th, 2021, 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT View Post
At the moment, the specific error I'm looking at is "object reference not set to an instance of an object" on import using build 255 or 256. This seems to be the one that emerged in build 254 and is still present in builds 255/256.

So, this is the one for which I'm looking for structure exports for the realms whose export files experienced this error.
Hey there! I also encountered the same issue. Much appreciated if members from the forum could help out Thank you so much~

By Nancy - Find my stuff on NoteSity

Last edited by nancynam0623; November 10th, 2021 at 10:18 PM.
nancynam0623 is offline   #20 Reply With Quote