Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

Sketchpad

Old September 28th, 2017, 04:24 PM
Just hit this wall and sent out a request. Really hoping that I can get this resolved before Saturday, as we're gaming then and need the character that I now had to screen shot to remember the stats.

DT Butchino | Writer, Illustrator, Designer
DeviantArt|Facebook|Twitter
Sketchpad is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old September 28th, 2017, 04:57 PM
I've learned to keep a printout handy, just in case. Computers get updated requiring license reassignment, or they crash, or you run out of battery, etc.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Sketchpad

Old September 28th, 2017, 05:08 PM
Yeah. Print out was impossible, as the characters were being made for the first time. And I just purchased the license for the system a few hours ago. It's a bit annoying.

Sketchpad is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old September 28th, 2017, 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
RealmWorks doesn't really use a floating license, since you can only log into their server from one computer at a time.

HeroLab doesn't need any network connections, so there is no way to enforce the use of one machine at a time for a "floating" license.
They will be enforcing the number of concurrent connections. From the FAQ:

Q: Will Hero Lab Online be moving to an account system instead of a license system?
A: Technically, yes. But the reality is that there’s no practical difference between a Classic “license” and an Online “account”. You’ll have a login and password instead of using a license number and email address, thereby making your account more secure. You’ll login to your Online account to access everything instead of Classic verifying your license and key file when you launch it. You’ll similarly login to your Online account to purchase add-ons instead of using the license number and email address. All in all, the basic principles will be the same.

Q: How will my Hero Lab Classic secondary licenses transfer to Hero Lab Online?
A: In Hero Lab Classic, secondary licenses allow users to access their content on multiple devices. Hero Lab Online will employ a similar concept, allowing simultaneous access to your account from multiple devices (e.g. multiple family members). Migration from Classic to Online will convert your secondary licenses to simultaneous devices in the new environment.
EightBitz is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
Sketchpad

Old September 29th, 2017, 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketchpad View Post
Just hit this wall and sent out a request. Really hoping that I can get this resolved before Saturday, as we're gaming then and need the character that I now had to screen shot to remember the stats.
Many thanks to David! He was able to resolve this without an issue. Many thanks!

Sketchpad is offline   #25 Reply With Quote