Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Vargr

Old February 18th, 2017, 04:48 AM
I am wondering if it is possible to copy a topic, that contains a smartimage and also copy the reveal mask over.

Say I have a map and the party have been into the first three rooms and the main corridor. This has been revealed in the smart image.

Now, for one reason or another I want to copy the topic and also carry over the state of the reveal mask (ie. the first three rooms and the main corricdor revealed).

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 21st, 2017, 02:26 AM
The core assumption is that the reveal state is always independent for every new piece of content, so copying does not preserve the reveal state. If that's important in a given situation, you should probably consider exporting the topic and importing it back in. When you do the export, you should uncheck the advanced option about preserving authorship. This will ensure that the imported topic will come in as a true copy.
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old February 21st, 2017, 04:16 AM
Well, it is not something I expect to need very often - if ever again.

I just wanted to see if I had missed some option.

I will for sure have an in depth look at the import export feature when I can set aside a day to play around with it.

As always thank you for your help. :-)

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #3 Reply With Quote