Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

SunnyD

Old November 6th, 2016, 02:01 AM
I'm trying to create a custom 10-level prestige class that with each level taken advances all abilities of the hero's kineticist and cleric classes as well. I can figure out how to advance the cleric spell-casting, but not any of the cleric's other abilities or any of the kineticist's abilities. Is there are a simple way to do this?

If not, please help me with the complex way to do it.

Thanks in advance,
Sunny
SunnyD is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old November 8th, 2016, 04:58 PM
I'm not that savy with the editor... and I'm sure if you were, with work you could do it there.

However, ShadowChemosh has the option to use his Gestalt characters. For those ten levels, you could be a Gestalt Kineticist and Cleric.
With adjustments, from the Community Pack, you could make it work well. For example, the Hero's challenge rating needs to be adjusted by -2 per gestalt level, since it will count Gestalt + Kineticist + Cleric as three levels, but that's one level in a Gestalt build.

Gestalt is an easy solution, based on tools readily available.

If you wanted to do this in the editor, I'd take a look at prestige classes in general and the parent classes too.
In general add the features of the less complicated class to a copy of the more complicated class.
If you required having all the class features of both classes, before you qualify for the prestige class, then it can advance them all.
If you can take levels in the prestige class, before one of the parent classes has a feature, that's a lot more complicated.
Ualaa is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old November 8th, 2016, 10:27 PM
Wow that is kinda powerful ... well for the other abilities on the cleric you're goign to have to foreach through them all and add the level to a field on them (I'm not recalling which right away) but it's specifically for effects that do that. Probably the same thing with the kineticist.
AndrewD2 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote