Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

EightBitz

Old April 28th, 2016, 01:48 PM
If you're anything like me, this status update probably took you about two or three hours to write. I know you said you're going to spend less time looking for the right words, but that's a lot easier to say than it is to do.

Thanks for the update.
EightBitz is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Inglorin

Old April 30th, 2016, 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
In a number of weeks, we’ll be releasing a major new version of Realm Works. There will be an assortment of new features included in this release, plus a vast amount of infrastructure for the Content Market will be put in place. However, there will be no Content Market functionality exposed at that time.
So, instead of telling us what NOT to expect from the next major releases, how about a hint, what we can see in the "number of weeks" (as in NOT a number of months?). What WILL be included in this next major release for us?
Inglorin is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Mystic Lemur

Old May 1st, 2016, 10:33 PM
Cool. Thanks for the update. Don't spread yourselves too thin.
Mystic Lemur is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Bobson

Old May 2nd, 2016, 04:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
With Liz’s untimely departure, the company is essentially all developers now, so our communications style will understandably be shifting towards simply providing the information you need instead of creating videos, worrying about word choices, and other marketing-focused efforts.
I'm sorry to see Liz go, and I know how much a departure like that can impact a small company. That said, this is the kind of update I've been waiting for for a while now: "Here's where we are, here's what the holdup is, here's our plan going forward." As a software developer myself, I definitely support "do it right now" over "get it done quick and suffer later".

Thank you for the status report, and good luck with the development!
Bobson is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
ruhar

Old May 9th, 2016, 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian perlis View Post
Great update. Keeping us informed is important. We prefer knowing what is going on even if it means further delays or bad news. We're all loyal customers here and are rooting for you and Realm Works.
I agree. I don't like delays, but as long as I'm kept informed I can deal with it. Thanks, Rob, for always keeping us informed on the good and the bad. I wish more companies were like that.
ruhar is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Grey Mage

Old May 10th, 2016, 01:49 PM
Definitely agree that as long as I am 'looped in' occasionally I don't mind the delay as much...
Grey Mage is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Ninefingers

Old May 17th, 2016, 02:33 PM
Well I just finished my game table to use with Realm Works. Truly hope the content market will be open soon so I have something other than the campaign I am working on to run.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg top down.jpg (118.7 KB, 159 views)
File Type: jpg preview of map.jpg (167.5 KB, 153 views)
File Type: jpg cut table.jpg (101.2 KB, 156 views)
Ninefingers is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
The_DM

Old May 18th, 2016, 05:44 AM
Very Nice!!!
The_DM is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
mirtos

Old May 18th, 2016, 07:20 AM
How'd you do it (game table)?
mirtos is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Ninefingers

Old May 18th, 2016, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirtos View Post
How'd you do it (game table)?
Ah Mirtos be careful of the questions you ask in life, the answers may not be to your liking.

"Mirtos draws the Vizier card from the deck of many things."

I posted my build, and a full 3D Fusion 360 assembly model along with cut sheets, and TONS of other stuff at BGG. Check it out and let me know what you think.

Also the mechanical drawings that are in the drop box will work but I made some changes to the design on the fly. Like I did not cut out the dice holders,and just routed out a small trough to hold my dice. LOVE IT BTW.

Total build time from start to playing was approx 85 man hours. Keep in mind that we are not carpenters.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/157...-15000-game-ta

Last edited by Ninefingers; May 18th, 2016 at 09:30 AM.
Ninefingers is offline   #20 Reply With Quote