Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

mcargent

Old January 11th, 2014, 06:55 PM
So in Ultimate Campaign, I can basically pay someone to teach me extra languages. Is there a way to purchase this in Hero Lab? I looked around and didn't see anything. This technically isn't "retraining" as the language doesn't replace an old language (unless my group is understanding this incorrectly).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
mcargent is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old January 11th, 2014, 09:20 PM
You can add an adjustment to give your characters extra languages. What section of the book was that in?
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Flamehawke

Old January 14th, 2014, 02:41 PM
It is under the retraining rules. I don't have the book in front of me as I packed it for my move, but I did find it on Paizo's PRD. So I'll post it here for you.

"New Language
You can spend time to learn an additional language. It takes 20 days of training to gain a bonus language, and these days need not be consecutive. Each language requires a trainer who shares a language with you and knows the language you want to learn, or a book written in a language you know that explains the basics of the language you want to learn.

The new language does not count toward your maximum number of languages (racial languages + bonus languages from Intelligence + Linguistics ranks). You can train this way only a number of times equal to 1 + your Intelligence bonus."
Flamehawke is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old January 14th, 2014, 02:49 PM
Ah. Thanks for the info, Flamehawke. I think adjustments are the best way to handle this. We already have 2 language tables and language totals to keep track of, I don't fancy adding a 3rd.
Aaron is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
mcargent

Old January 18th, 2014, 05:39 AM
Would there be a way to add something to "Gear" that allows a character to know another language without it showing up as an "error" in Hero Lab? Maybe a way to add a bonus to languages gained via Int bonus?
mcargent is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old January 18th, 2014, 08:16 AM
Go to the Adjust tab, click "Add Other Adjustments" then find New Language.
AndrewD2 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote