Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer 40,000
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

webkilla

Old March 2nd, 2007, 05:50 AM
I know its been made a no-no for tournament use - but there are still MANY warhammerers out there, me included, who plays friendly games and such...

so I would very much like to see armored companies to return to AB's build options - with full listings of the tanks avaliable (dont forget the Leman russ exterminator)
webkilla is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 2nd, 2007, 04:09 PM
Select an I-Guard army, modify the rules, and in section 3 (Famous Guard Regiments), select Armoured Company. You can even go to the Core/Expansion Lists section, select expansion, and have access to the original version of the Armoured Company rules.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
webkilla

Old March 2nd, 2007, 10:20 PM
yes - thats what I usualy did... however, now when I do that the army type on that list (Famous Guard Regiments) is grey - and when I choose it I get "Ruleset invalid"

its that I would like to see fixed - also, ignoring that the only kind of tank I can choose for HQ tanks, tank aces and tank units (troop selections) are Leman Russ battle tanks... with the full range of tanks (exterminators, executioners, vanquishers, whatnot) only being listed as heavy support choices...

vanquishers as heavy support? that's just not right!
webkilla is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 3rd, 2007, 04:41 PM
I just updated to the latest version of the 40K files last night (3/2/07) and I can't encounter your problem. You may want to check that you don't have any doctrines selected in the regular I-Guard section or have Imperial Armour or Custom Vehicles selected under Roster Options (I checked the data files to see what is supposed to conflict with the AC rule set).

I'm afraid I don't know anything about your second question.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
harkan
Volunteer Data File Author

Old March 4th, 2007, 11:14 AM
first off I'd suggest you create an IG roster from scratch and click on reset to set all the rules selections to default, then go into famous regiments and select Armoured company. As Mghel suggests, you may have taken a standard IG doctrine which will grey out the famous regiment options.

The next point you are complaining about it sounds like you have also selected AC doctrines. If you take these you must take the relevant options to allow the additional tanks for HQ etc

As to vanquishers as heavy support, I cannot recreate this at all so I would again suggest you reset your AB files and try again or deselect the IA option - to take IA in an AC lists totally screws over the force org for an AC army which is why it isnt allowed.
harkan is offline   #5 Reply With Quote