Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Romulus68

Old September 14th, 2008, 04:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazcat24
The problems with selecting a general may cover this, but I am getting a validation error that I cannot select a general because the general has to have the highest leadership in the army. The highest LD in the army is my assassin, but of course the assassin cannot be the general. At the same point in time I cannot select the Master I have in the army to be the general as the assassin has a higher LD.
Are you using the Beta version or the official release?

Something happened in the official release that has a lot of the coding/programming not being correct/matching the Beta files. This is making a lot of errors and issues with the official release.
Romulus68 is offline   #101 Reply With Quote
tazcat24

Old September 14th, 2008, 01:35 PM
I have the official release. One more bug I noticed, I can duplicate gifts of khaine on assassins (I can give them 3 runes of khaine for example), thy should only be allowed to take one of each per character. (Am I posting on the wrong thread then?)
tazcat24 is offline   #102 Reply With Quote
Romulus68

Old September 15th, 2008, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazcat24
I have the official release. One more bug I noticed, I can duplicate gifts of khaine on assassins (I can give them 3 runes of khaine for example), thy should only be allowed to take one of each per character. (Am I posting on the wrong thread then?)
I recommend using the Beta version for the moment. Several bugs cropped up in the official release.

Its in the Download section.
Romulus68 is offline   #103 Reply With Quote
JeffP

Old September 26th, 2008, 05:43 PM
ok, I downloaded this file and it killed all my other files. I cannot pull up any rosters I built prior to installing the DE patch. How do I get my old files back?
JeffP is offline   #104 Reply With Quote
Romulus68

Old September 27th, 2008, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffP
ok, I downloaded this file and it killed all my other files. I cannot pull up any rosters I built prior to installing the DE patch. How do I get my old files back?
The Beta creates a separate version of the Fantasy section. Like it says when you Import the files, "Many Rosters will be invalidated" as this is a major change to the programming.

All your old files will work. Just just the "wh6" as you start Army Builder. wh7 Dark Elves is a separate install.
Romulus68 is offline   #105 Reply With Quote
JeffP

Old September 27th, 2008, 05:30 PM
ok, it seems I have installed this inadvertently over wh6 as well as wh7DE somehow. Any easy fix to that?
JeffP is offline   #106 Reply With Quote
Romulus68

Old September 27th, 2008, 06:11 PM
Quote:
ok, it seems I have installed this inadvertently over wh6 as well as wh7DE somehow. Any easy fix to that?
Get the official files again off the main datafile download on wolflair's site.
Romulus68 is offline   #107 Reply With Quote
JeffP

Old September 29th, 2008, 03:27 PM
Reinstalled (as far as I can tell) and did not fix.
JeffP is offline   #108 Reply With Quote
Romulus68

Old September 29th, 2008, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Reinstalled (as far as I can tell) and did not fix.
The official files were updated on September the 11th, so any rosters prior to then may not work as well.

On a side note, the Dark Elves Beta files are more accurate than the official version. Something happened on the official files and it was loaded correctly.
Romulus68 is offline   #109 Reply With Quote
JeffP

Old September 29th, 2008, 06:53 PM
ok, so I can just go forward using the beta in all my versions wh6 and DE 6/7. Ive just got to reconstruct any old lists. Right?
JeffP is offline   #110 Reply With Quote