Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

McQ

Old April 28th, 2011, 01:59 AM
Completely new to HeroLab. I'm doing no drastic changes to anything, but have wanted to make a steampunk Gnomish race called a Steam gnome.

I only wanted to change a few racial traits:
Change +2 saving throw vs. illusions to a save vs. electricity.
Change +2 Craft Alchemy to a +2 to a Craft Clockwork & Craft Steamengine from the Iron Kingdoms campaign.
Add a +1 attack bonus vs. mechanical constructs.

I have put the text into the Decription text, however I'm having trouble finding where I need to edit the other information elsewhere.

I edited the Eval Scripts to look like this

~ +2 to Listen, Craft (Clockwork), Craft (Steam Engine) checks
#skillbonus[kListen] += 2
#skillbonus[kCrafSteam] += 2
#skillbonus[kCrafClock] += 2

I don't know what to do with the Bootstraps though..the more I try to figure out the deeper I get myself immersed in confusion.
McQ is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
McQ

Old April 28th, 2011, 03:43 AM
So..I feel dumb that I didn't find the "Special Abilities" button in the Race tab. However, none of the bootstraps I want to add/create are there, nor do I know where to create a custom one.

Also...in a situation such as the bonus to skills a Gnome is granted, it does not show in the Special Abilities button. Where do I find these to add/edit class bonuses?
McQ is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
McQ

Old April 28th, 2011, 04:23 AM
Ok..so I found where to add the skill bonuses in the Eval script.

I'm still at a loss about adding something like a bonus to save vs. electricity or something..
McQ is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old April 28th, 2011, 04:35 AM
The easiest thing to do is in the editor, on the specials tab, click on New (Copy), and find the "2 saves vs illusions". You can then edit this to make it "+2 saves vs electricity" and include that as one of your Steam Gnome's racial abilities. You can do the same thing with the +1 attack vs mechanical constructs by copying another similar ability (perhaps the +1 to attack vs Orcs and Goblinoids).

In both cases, the abilities are only going to be shown in the Specials tab in the portfolio (and won't affect any stats). The player is responsible for applying the bonus when appropriate.
Sendric is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
McQ

Old April 28th, 2011, 06:01 AM
Oh awesome. I thought I had to do a lot more involving code to get it to work. Wasn't sure if the program somehow considered all the bonuses. Though with some tinkering I can see now that it's unlike skills and simply states the bonus.

The reply is much appreciated
McQ is offline   #5 Reply With Quote