Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Provos

Old January 4th, 2021, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
Seems to me you could make the Corruptions as Custom Abilities. Greater Corruptions could be a separate Custom Ability.
The problem is there is 20 different option for lesser and you only get 1 every 4 levels depending on what you roll on a d100. I don't know how to set it up so you get to choose one every 4 levels. My first thought was using a fight bonus feat type thing. I still have no idea how to even add that to the varient class so i just stuck to making all the corruptions until someone could answer questions to help me. Also some of the rolls force a greater corruption or no corruption or even two corruptions. I almost hate this class.
Provos is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old January 4th, 2021, 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Provos View Post
The problem is there is 20 different option for lesser and you only get 1 every 4 levels depending on what you roll on a d100. I don't know how to set it up so you get to choose one every 4 levels. My first thought was using a fight bonus feat type thing. I still have no idea how to even add that to the varient class so i just stuck to making all the corruptions until someone could answer questions to help me. Also some of the rolls force a greater corruption or no corruption or even two corruptions. I almost hate this class.
That doesn't really prevent the use of custom abilities, but yea, some of these classes can be a real pain.

Is this on a class variant? You should be able to pretty easily set up how many custom abilities they get and when.

Last edited by Sendric; January 4th, 2021 at 05:39 PM.
Sendric is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
Provos

Old January 22nd, 2021, 07:45 AM
I have a few feat to create that have a class requirement and I cannot get the pre reqs working.

With the class requirement I used Spell Mastery which requires wizard 1.

tagcount[Classes.Wizard] >= 1

I get an error when I try to add class Hero Lab was forced to stop compilation after the following errors were detected:
tagcount[Classes.Thaumaturge] >= 1

Syntax error in 'pre-requisite rule' script for Thing 'fThgAbysFami' on line 1
-> Tag 'Classes.Thaumaturge' not defined

Thaumaturge is a class I created in this data set.
Provos is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
Provos

Old January 23rd, 2021, 02:34 PM
So I got confused with the latest update and ended up reinstalling herolab. I lost my deity file up uploaded on the first page of this thread and I cannot get the forums to let me download it again. I have tried a few different browsers and I keep getting a 3kb file that say there was a database error in the file when viewed with notepad++. A few browsers wouldn't even let me try to download the file. ugh, bad day for me and herolab.
Provos is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
Provos

Old January 25th, 2021, 09:24 AM
So I was lucky and found a copy I sent to my players via email for the deity files. I still am unable to download any attached files on the forums.
Provos is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
Provos

Old January 27th, 2021, 02:02 PM
I duplicated all the sinspawn and did a Replace Thing Id on them in my Paizo - Rise of the Runelord data file. They now all have two claw attacks and qualify for multiattack feat.
Provos is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
Provos

Old January 28th, 2021, 06:55 PM
I'm getting an error on my Attic whisperer when I load the race.

Attempt to access non-existent child pick 'kKnowLocal' from script
Location: 'eval' script for Thing 'rAttcWhpr' (Eval Script '#1') near line 7
- - -

I also get Attic Whisperer: Skill points left to spend

Of course they error goes away when I select Knowledge local under additional skills. Is there anyway to force kKnowLocal to show up selected under the skills table to stop this?
Provos is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old January 28th, 2021, 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Provos View Post
I'm getting an error on my Attic whisperer when I load the race.

- - -

I also get Attic Whisperer: Skill points left to spend

Of course they error goes away when I select Knowledge local under additional skills. Is there anyway to force kKnowLocal to show up selected under the skills table to stop this?
No. Knowledge, Craft and Profession skills can be allocated skill points when you create a creature, but they have to be manually selected when you create the monster in a portfolio.
If you load it from the Encounter Builder (assuming there is a .stock file or associated .por file), it should already have these skills assigned.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old January 29th, 2021, 04:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dami View Post
No. Knowledge, Craft and Profession skills can be allocated skill points when you create a creature, but they have to be manually selected when you create the monster in a portfolio.
If you load it from the Encounter Builder (assuming there is a .stock file or associated .por file), it should already have these skills assigned.
Actually, you can. Bootstrap the corresponding skill to the race. You'll have to re-create the race like you did with the Sinspawns.
Sendric is offline   #39 Reply With Quote
Provos

Old February 10th, 2021, 05:08 PM
Wow it seems forums are up.
Provos is offline   #40 Reply With Quote