Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Ualaa

Old October 4th, 2019, 09:26 PM
When selecting magic talents, it shows large numbers for the spell point cost, in the preview window.

Once the talent has been selected, the text is correct/normal.
Ualaa is offline   #801 Reply With Quote
Ulysses13

Old October 15th, 2019, 03:21 PM
When adding a Unified Tradition from Champions of the Spheres, I am forced to choose an archetype or class from that book solely. Can I not forgo both my martial tradition and magical tradition from any class that provides one of each to gain a Unified Tradition?
Ulysses13 is offline   #802 Reply With Quote
Ulysses13

Old October 16th, 2019, 12:24 PM
*removed*

Last edited by Ulysses13; October 16th, 2019 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Accidentally double-posted
Ulysses13 is offline   #803 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old October 16th, 2019, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses13 View Post
When adding a Unified Tradition from Champions of the Spheres, I am forced to choose an archetype or class from that book solely. Can I not forgo both my martial tradition and magical tradition from any class that provides one of each to gain a Unified Tradition?
A Unified Tradition essentially counts as a martial tradition, which can only be taken at 1st level. And since they also include what is effectively a casting tradition, that means that only a Champions class/archetype can take one because otherwise the character lacks access to either a casting or a martial tradition.

Example: I create a 1st-level character and pick Conscript as my class. I can take a martial tradition, but not a casting tradition (and therefore, not a unified tradition) because I don't have sphere magic. At 2nd level, I take a level in Incanter. I still can't take a unified tradition, because I already took a martial tradition at 1st level. I can still take a casting tradition, of course, but now I have two separate traditions that don't interact with each other mechanically.

However, I can see how some tables that start above 1st level would want to allow access to Unified Traditions for characters like the example above. I will see about adding support for a house rule or something.

In the meantime, you can always just go ahead and add the Unified Tradition, and ignore the error message. Validation errors don't prevent you from "breaking" the rules, they just let you know that you are.
TheIronGolem is offline   #804 Reply With Quote
GreyLurker

Old October 18th, 2019, 10:29 PM
So, any hints on what's next on the agenda?
GreyLurker is offline   #805 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old October 19th, 2019, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyLurker View Post
So, any hints on what's next on the agenda?
I'm working on the Conjuration handbook now.
TheIronGolem is offline   #806 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old November 1st, 2019, 04:35 PM
Version 1.41 posted for SoP Core:
  • Conjuration companions now appear in their own table on the Conjuration tab and can be "summoned" or "unsummoned" with a checkbox
  • Fixed prerequisites on sphere-specific drawbacks
  • Sphere-specific drawbacks now appear on the respective sphere's tab (just like SoM)
  • Fixed Sphere Staves not adding to sphere caster level
  • Fixed SP cost display bug with sphere talents

A few handbooks were also updated, just removing some pickreqs that were made redundant by the core update.

SoM core was updated too, but that's just an update to the common files.

I am about to hand off the Conjurer's Handbook to DDS for distribution.
TheIronGolem is offline   #807 Reply With Quote
catman123456

Old November 1st, 2019, 08:53 PM
The lv6 fey adept companion is not showing up when the box is clicked.
catman123456 is offline   #808 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old November 2nd, 2019, 08:07 AM
With the update to the Spheres files (I think I have everything, sans the upcoming Conjuration Files), the Infinite Loop Error raised it's ugly head once again.
This is with the 64-bit HL (8.9b).
Specifically printing (print preview stage - I print from there).
The error on print out (extra large stats for every other stat block making the number larger than the box and partially occluded) was on the Agahaim and Sothis characters, but not on Betty.
I get the big box of Infinite Loop error, the option to click OK, the spinning (working on something) wheel... which continues after clicking OK, then the portfolio shows itself but with portions mis-sized.

I wasn't getting the error with the prior to yesterday spheres files and HL 64-bit (8.9b) versions.

I opened the portfolio with the 32-bit version, and printed the sheets without issue (Agahaim and Sothis, and then continued down the line of characters).

Then went back to the 64-bit, to see if any of the others had the Infinite Loop.
At this point, none of them have it, and I can print preview Agahaim and Sothis without any issues.
So the error is sporadic and unpredictable.

I'm not positive that it is Sphere File related, but wasn't there prior to updating the HL-Sphere files yesterday and trying to print today.
I have several other 3pp files (AAW: Rise of the Drow, and the Prequel/Prologue), (FGG: Rappan Athuk and Lost City of Barakus; with the other three removed since they've broken), and the Pathfinder Pack and Gestalt files.
The portfolio doesn't use anything beyond the Pathfinder Pack and Spheres files, although they're installed to my HL.

The portfolio is too large to upload here; if you want to look at it, it's here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/x8txtojmqe...%2007.por?dl=0
Ualaa is offline   #809 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old November 2nd, 2019, 02:06 PM
Conjurer's Handbook is now available!
TheIronGolem is offline   #810 Reply With Quote