Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

saintaurik

Old January 21st, 2023, 10:47 AM
So here is my problem. I have a laptop and desktop both with Herolab on them.
As far as I can tell they are identical with all files and such and both updated. When I open my level 11 ranger on the laptop it's fine. But when I open it on my desktop I get errors. Also, the favored enemies are listed twice on the desktop program on the character sheet and when I de-level the character to level 1 the second set of favored enemies are still on the character sheet. I will try to list the errors here.
Attached Images
File Type: png Herolab Errors Ranger.png (379.7 KB, 8 views)
saintaurik is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old January 21st, 2023, 01:50 PM
Are you sure that you have exactly the same portfolio on both systems? (I'd normally expect that you added or changed something on the desktop Hero.)
Have you copied the portfolio from the laptop to the desktop and then you get these errors? If so, some other file that only exists on the desktop must be causing this.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old January 23rd, 2023, 10:35 AM
Unfortunately, there's nothing we can really do with those error messages. They are referencing something deep in core.

I agree with Dami. There must be some additional file on the desktop that is causing an issue. Perhaps a personal user file or something like that. Might be worth doing a file compare of the two data folders.
Sendric is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
saintaurik

Old January 24th, 2023, 03:06 AM
It happened after an update. The favored enemies seem to be referencing stuff that is no longer used in the core. The ones that I cant get rid of even if I return the character to level one are referencing a help file or something named rgr and the new ones when i pick them in the class are referencing rg2. Not sure what this all means. It also keeps kicking out an error about something done to MM3 removed or changed.
saintaurik is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old January 24th, 2023, 07:53 AM
Please provide the portfolio. Some changes were made to the Ranger class in the last community update, but I'm not sure what the exact nature of this bug is. Rebuilding the character from the start should avoid any errors, but obviously preferable not to have to do that.
Sendric is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Spyderbane

Old January 26th, 2023, 01:45 PM
I had an similar issue with two computers. I had a bad update and it created duplicate user files. You can try on the computer that is having the issues to move the Folder "d20" from "C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\data" to the desktop (as a backup) and then copy the same folder from the working computer to that location (C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\data) then start Herolab.
Spyderbane is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
saintaurik

Old January 27th, 2023, 09:56 AM
Thanks for all your input. I got it figured out!
saintaurik is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Spyderbane

Old January 27th, 2023, 11:11 AM
mind posting how you fixed it incase someone else has the problem?
Spyderbane is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
saintaurik

Old March 29th, 2023, 09:46 AM
Sorry for the late response. I had a friend who was able to go into the portfolio itself and edit out the parts that were causing the errors of the duplications. I'm not sure how to explain it exactly. It sounded rather technical.
saintaurik is offline   #9 Reply With Quote