Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

wdmartin

Old July 10th, 2023, 11:06 AM
I wish there was some mechanism for the community to do bug fixes for HLC. The user base has a lot of accumulated experience that could be put to use.
wdmartin is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Azhrei

Old July 11th, 2023, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidhc O Casain View Post
That said, Mathias does post in the HLC forums fairly often (a few times a month) for technical and coding support. I don't know what his involvement is or if he'd do HLC "maintenance." Maybe he'll see this and chime in at least with a "Yep, we're still doing occasional (annual?) bug fix work," or "Nope, not being maintained at all."
I spent a lot of time with one person in LW support (I don't recall his name without checking my mail logs) who was my point person for bug fixes and the like on iOS. I was in the beta test program for that version of the code. (It's still my preferred version, as the UI is sooo much nicer and more consistent than the desktop version.)

I've often wondered about decompiling the .hl files to see if they could be turned into something equivalent to the .user files created by the community. I've done such things in the past with various applications (mostly games), but that was 30 years ago and I don't have the same motivation — or curiosity — that I had back then!
Azhrei is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Dwayne

Old July 16th, 2023, 04:44 PM
http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=67825

I see that a bug was reported for PF1 and it was fixed for HLO but not for HLC.
Dwayne is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old July 16th, 2023, 05:19 PM
I could be wrong, but suspect that I'm not... I think the current version of HL Classic is the final version.

The guy who was doing Spheres stuff after TheIronGolem moved on hasn't been online in a year or more (at least here) and messaging Adam on their latest kickstarter, he said he had not been in contact with that person in the same timespan.
So I'm not hopeful that Spheres of Guile gets added to HL Classic, as nice as it would be.

Adam did say that they want to do a PF2 version of Spheres at some point, but he didn't have an idea on when.
Ualaa is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Pooptickler

Old July 19th, 2023, 08:39 PM
The annoying thing about HLO is that I need an internet connection to use it and that the search engine blows.
It just namesearches and nothing else, no descriptions or alignments, no pluses or anything.
Pooptickler is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Pooptickler

Old July 23rd, 2023, 01:16 PM
I just realised that they never gave the Reaper Mystery his Final Revelation.
Pooptickler is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old July 27th, 2023, 08:19 AM
Does it have one, on the HLO version of Pathfinder 1e?
Ualaa is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Dwayne

Old September 28th, 2023, 05:21 PM
3 months and no response from Lone Wolf. I guess it is too much to expect a response.

Last edited by Dwayne; September 28th, 2023 at 07:40 PM.
Dwayne is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old September 29th, 2023, 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne View Post
3 months and no response from Lone Wolf. I guess it is too much to expect a response.
Their entire focus is purely on HLO

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Krothos

Old September 29th, 2023, 11:21 AM
Maybe true, but how long does it take to write a response to confirm HLC is end-of-life and no further updates will be released? :-|
Krothos is offline   #20 Reply With Quote