Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

jshbchnn33

Old December 29th, 2016, 04:00 PM
Hi, I just purchased and installed the version 14 files off DriveThruRPG (SpheresOfPower_1_14.hl).

Now when I start Hero Lab I get an error:
Syntax error in script for Procedure 'SoPValEF' on line 37
-> Tag 'HasAbility.cSoPThndrc' not defined

And then Hero Lab loads in recovery mode.

Any ideas on what's up?

Thanks
jshbchnn33 is offline   #221 Reply With Quote
EldritchWeaver

Old January 1st, 2017, 03:03 PM
In all likelihood, the base package has a reference to another package (Expanded Options or handbook) which you are missing thanks just using the base package. That's something TheIronGolem needs to fix. Until then the sole workaround I can think of would be to buy the other packages as well, as I do not encounter this error myself.
EldritchWeaver is offline   #222 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old January 1st, 2017, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshbchnn33 View Post
Hi, I just purchased and installed the version 14 files off DriveThruRPG (SpheresOfPower_1_14.hl).

Now when I start Hero Lab I get an error:
Syntax error in script for Procedure 'SoPValEF' on line 37
-> Tag 'HasAbility.cSoPThndrc' not defined

And then Hero Lab loads in recovery mode.

Any ideas on what's up?

Thanks
Hi there,

I thought I had fixed that bug before giving the file to DDS, but I guess not. I'll have to give them an updated version so this doesn't happen in the future.

In the meantime, I have made double-sure that the file on the update server is correct and doesn't contain this bug. If you haven't already, open up the readme file that came with your installer, and follow the instructions to set up Hero Lab to detect updates to the SoP package. Then, go to "View Updates" in the upper-right corner of Hero Lab, select Spheres of Power in the menu, and press Download. This will download a fresh copy of 1.14 for you. When it's done, do a CTL-R to make HL recompile the data. That ought to fix it, but let me know if you still have problems afterwards.
TheIronGolem is offline   #223 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old January 7th, 2017, 04:08 PM
Quick note: Drop Dead Studios has started a Kickstarter for their new project, Spheres of Might!

I will be doing the Hero Lab implementation for this project.
TheIronGolem is offline   #224 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old January 7th, 2017, 11:33 PM
Spheres of Might looks good.

Not sure what 20 different spheres of combat styles would be... but just going on Spheres of Power, I'm sure they're different enough from each other that they're all interesting.

A given build may want to focus on three of them or whatever.

And then the same system of talents, within a sphere, to be better at that style of combat (instead of that style of magic). Along with Path of War, that's going to make melee really interesting. A ton more options beyond, I full attack or charge or use the three feats I have for this combat maneuver.

Looking forward to it.

And also appreciate that you'll be doing the coding; I love your Spheres of Power implementation.
Ualaa is offline   #225 Reply With Quote
TheMadPhoenix

Old January 9th, 2017, 10:25 AM
When I select divine petitioner as a drawback it does not give me either aligned protection or aligned combatant as a drawback. It does not allow me to select them manually either.
TheMadPhoenix is offline   #226 Reply With Quote
TheMadPhoenix

Old January 9th, 2017, 01:49 PM
According to Adam in an email I received, if I have a mid or low caster they should get 1 Spell Point if their CAM is 0 (say a 10 intelligence although I don't know why you'd actually do that) but (for example) 3 Spell points if their CAM was 3 (with say a 16 INT). The program calculates it at 4. The mid caster would not receive 4 until 2nd level and the Low Caster would not receive 4 until 4th level.
TheMadPhoenix is offline   #227 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old January 10th, 2017, 04:08 AM
The book says you get one spell point per Sphere Casting Level, plus additional spell points equal to your casting ability modifier.

So whether you're a High, Medium or Low caster, if you have four sphere casting levels, that is worth 4 spell points.
If your casting mod is +0, then it stays at 4.
If your casting mod is +2, then that jumps from 4 to 6.

Some classes get bonus spell points, like the (Sphere archetype) Sorcerer.
You can also get bonus spell points per level, from general drawbacks.
Ualaa is offline   #228 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old January 10th, 2017, 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadPhoenix View Post
When I select divine petitioner as a drawback it does not give me either aligned protection or aligned combatant as a drawback. It does not allow me to select them manually either.
Thanks, I will look into this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadPhoenix View Post
According to Adam in an email I received, if I have a mid or low caster they should get 1 Spell Point if their CAM is 0 (say a 10 intelligence although I don't know why you'd actually do that) but (for example) 3 Spell points if their CAM was 3 (with say a 16 INT). The program calculates it at 4. The mid caster would not receive 4 until 2nd level and the Low Caster would not receive 4 until 4th level.
This I do not understand. Like Ualaa says, SoP is pretty clear that the base spell-point calculation is [CAM + levels in spherecasting classes], feats and class features notwithstanding. Caster level has no direct impact on the size of your spell pool as far as I know. Could you forward that email conversation to "dropdeadstudios dot herolab at gmail dot com" please? I suspect there's a confusion between "caster level" and "levels in spherecasting classes" happening somewhere.

Last edited by TheIronGolem; January 10th, 2017 at 08:14 AM.
TheIronGolem is offline   #229 Reply With Quote
TheMadPhoenix

Old January 10th, 2017, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronGolem View Post
Thanks, I will look into this.

This I do not understand. Like Ualaa says, SoP is pretty clear that the base spell-point calculation is [CAM + levels in spherecasting classes], feats and class features notwithstanding. Caster level has no direct impact on the size of your spell pool as far as I know. Could you forward that email conversation to dropdeadstudios.herolab@gmail.com please? I suspect there's a confusion between "caster level" and "levels in spherecasting classes" happening somewhere.
Here's the question I posed to Adam:

If I have a Level 1 Mid caster (say a Hedgewitch) with a 16 INT for their CAM which gives them a +3. How many spell points do they start with. My reading of the rules says they only start with 3 as the table shows that at 1st level a mid caster has a caster level of 0, but, the book does say class level rather than caster level. My player was arguing that he started with 4. Here is Adam's reply: Your reading is right; they would get 4 at 2nd level, but at 1st level would only have 3.
TheMadPhoenix is offline   #230 Reply With Quote