Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

UttiniDaKilrJawa

Old September 3rd, 2010, 02:20 PM
Hey folks,

I was wondering. Any chance of seeing I-Pad versions of any of your products (HL, AB or CV).
Can't help but think the Ipad is pretty dang perfect for use as a table top aid.

Later.

UttiniDaKilrJawa
UttiniDaKilrJawa is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old September 3rd, 2010, 04:59 PM
This has been brought up before, it would take too much development from LW to redesign and maintain HL on the iPad. That being said you can remote into your PC and run HL that way. Thats how i do it at the moment. I have been trying to get a system to port the HL over to the iPad, but it has been slow going.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 3rd, 2010, 05:28 PM
Here's the "Armybuilder for iPad" thread from the Armybuilder forum - HL and AB are built on the same framework, so most of that discussion applies to both programs:

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=10197

Chiefweasel, take a look there yourself - that thread's more recent than the threads you're referencing.
Mathias is online now   #3 Reply With Quote
FifthWanderer
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 4th, 2010, 08:23 AM
I've been debating on the whole iPad vs laptop/netbook thing for a while now. The availability of Hero Lab for iPad would be an awesome thing.
FifthWanderer is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
antikas

Old September 9th, 2010, 03:00 PM
i like the idea of an ipad version, i could even buy a new license for it! there are many dm tool in the itune store but none are usefull as hl
antikas is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
RBB

Old September 12th, 2010, 11:53 AM
From the Paizo boards:
Quote:
lonewolf-rob, Tue, Aug 3, 2010, 10:59 AM

I don't want to incite a conflict over which is better among the diverse range of handheld options. :-)

Trying to squeeze the power of Hero Lab into something with the display size and horsepower of the iPhone (or comparative lack of each) is probably an order of magnitude more complex than supporting a device like the iPad. So we're going to INITIALLY stick with slates and devices like the iPad. Once we have a solid offering coming together for slates, we'll move on to smaller devices like the iPhone.

In addition to Apple, we are actively monitoring developments with both the Android and the possibility of Windows slates/phones. We would love to be able to support all these platforms simultaneously, but we're a tiny company and don't have the resources to accomplish that. So we're going to be proceeding in a systematic manner, basing our strategy on the best data we can get our hands on.

Our current development for the Mac will enable us to more quickly support the iPad. However, we have NOT chosen the iPad over other platforms. We are simply positioning ourselves to support the iPad more easily. As we get more clarity into the mobile devices market, and new slates for Android and Windows are released, we'll be looking closely at those opportunities as well.

Rest assured, once we have concrete information about which handheld platforms we'll be supporting, and in which order, we'll definitely let everyone know. :-)
I will definitely pay additional money for iPad (iOS native) and native Mac versions. I assume there will be data compatibility (hopefully for authored source as well as XML edits).

Edit: and in another post he mentioned the Mac version is native, which is really implied in the above quote anyway.
RBB is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old December 15th, 2010, 09:54 AM
*wince* Probably not the most politic thing, advertising such a product on a competitor's forum. Not to mention this is the Hero Lab forum, not Army Builder. Although I see you posted an identical message there...
Duggan is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
FifthWanderer

Old December 15th, 2010, 11:53 AM
And it's interesting to note that those are his only two posts, and that he just joined the boards today. Methinks someone is trying to make trouble.
FifthWanderer is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old December 15th, 2010, 11:55 AM
Bad form, sir! Bad form!

MONOCLE MONOCLE MONOCLE
Lawful_g is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 15th, 2010, 12:23 PM
Not just impolitic, but a violation of forum rules - it's spamming. :-(
rob is offline   #10 Reply With Quote