Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

Elliott Forrestal

Old April 18th, 2021, 02:47 PM
Yeah, this isn't working for me. I've downloaded and installed the PDF plug-in 1.8 twice and it insists I download and install the PDF plug-in if I want to make PDF's. What's the next step?
Elliott Forrestal is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old April 20th, 2021, 10:59 PM
Do you have multiple install locations for HL? Are you using 32 or 64 bit?

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
TheProgramer

Old May 23rd, 2021, 01:30 AM
When I click Save PDF of Hero I get a message that says, "To cfreate PDF files, you must download the PDF plugin for Hero Lab. This is available as a free download from the updates mechanism."
When going to the update section and try to install the PDF Plug-In for Windows (V1.8) it successfully downloads but when I try to launch the update I get a message that says, "Hero lab setup has detected that a product which uses the PDF plug-in is currently running."
I tired closing Hero Lab and running the file from it's location in windows and it appears to install successfully. However when I try to Safe PDF of Hero again I get the same error message as before.
Any tips?
TheProgramer is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old May 23rd, 2021, 02:08 AM
Do you have multiple install locations? Check where the PDF plugin is installing itself. Here's a post of this sort of problem by Mathias (LW) in another thread:

"The default folder for HL is c:\Program Files (x86)\Hero Lab, and both the 32 and 64 bit versions should be in that folder. I'd find the other folder on your hard drive where it's installed and delete that folder. That may mean you need to re-do some of your shortcuts, so that you have the right link to launch HL.

The other option is to go to that folder, and there should be two DLLs there that are related to pdfs - pdfcnvas64.dll and pdflib64.dll - I think that's all the installer is actually doing - inserting those two files into the HL folder, so if you copy them to the other folder where you've got HL installed, that should let the pdf work without deleting folders and re-directing links. But on the other hand, it seems cleaner to have just one copy on your computer."

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

Last edited by Dami; May 23rd, 2021 at 02:11 AM.
Dami is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old May 23rd, 2021, 02:10 AM
Sorry, duplicated post due to Database error.

Dami is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
TheProgramer

Old May 23rd, 2021, 02:48 AM
Thank you. Moving those two files fixed the problem.
I have the program installed to my D drive, but the pdf installer made a Hero Lab file in the C drive and dropped them off there. So moving those two files to my actual folder fixed the issue. You da real mvp.
TheProgramer is offline   #16 Reply With Quote