Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Authoring Kit

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
TCArknight

Old August 21st, 2020, 09:31 AM
Howdy!

Can anyone fill me in on how quickadd works? Is its function/key just the thingid of a pick?

I am trying to do something with SW and Savage Rifts to implement the First Cooy process so that if an intelligent construct has multiple of the same pick, then it is only displayed once on the summary tab (but with an addition of xCount to the displayed name).

The example I have is a +1 Attribute feature. The component has the UserSelect component as well, so i have usrChosen1 to work with.

I can tag each one as a MultiCopy, and have them list separately. That has this as the summary:
Code:
+1 Attribute (Strength)
+1 Attribute (Strength)
+1 Attribute (Agility)
While this works, if the selections end up multiple for each attribute, then that list could be a mess to read.

If a pick needs to have a selection, then I add a Helper.DomainCopy tag to it. Once usrChosen1.ischosen <> 0, the pick gets tagged with a User.HasChosen tag. If a pick doesn't have the User.HasChosen tag, then it gets the Helper.MultiCopy tag added otherwise it gets the Helper.ChosenCopy tag.

With this, the selections display as:
Code:
+1 Attribute (- Choose -)
+1 Attribute (Strength) (x2) [field[xCount].value is 2]
However, once any selection is made for the choice (choosing Agility for example), then the display becomes
Code:
+1 Attribute (Strength) (x3) [field[xCount].value is 3]
instead of
Code:
+1 Attribute (Agility) [expecting field[xCount].value is 1 and FirstCopy / OnlyCopy tags]
+1 Attribute (Strength) (x2) [field[xCount].value is 2]

Working on -
  • (SWADE) WIP Savage Rifts
  • Savage Rifts (Deluxe): Update link in This post
  • Star Trek Adventures: Update link in This post
TCArknight is offline   #1 Reply With Quote