Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

marroon69

Old May 23rd, 2020, 01:53 PM
I know this on the road map but has there been any discuss about when this feature is planned? Just wondering would love to be able integrate with VTT like roll20 or FGU.
marroon69 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
DJalin1

Old May 24th, 2020, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
Work on exporting the data in a clean manner is actively underway on our end. There are actually lots of pieces involved in doing this well, so it's not something we can just throw together quickly. Well, I guess we COULD, but then all the VTTs would be stuck with a quick hack solution, and nobody would be happy. So we're NOT doing it that way.

The mechanism is being designed to support consumption by both user-created tools (e.g. prettified character sheet output) and VTTs. The latter will likely be grabbing the data repeatedly during a session, so we're including support for reporting only deltas. It's a similar mechanism to what we use internally within the product to keep bandwidth utilization to a minimum.

When we have something ready in an early state, I'll be posting to let folks know about it here. I'm certain that @Jamz will want to take a look, and I'm pretty sure a few others will, as well. Then we can assess what adjustments are needed. My best guess is that an early look will likely be a couple weeks from now. Something final really depends on how much tweaking will be needed based on the initial feedback.
There is a thread discussing VTTs
DJalin1 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 24th, 2020, 10:08 PM
The above was posted just over a week ago in this thread: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=64028
rob is offline   #3 Reply With Quote