Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

TCArknight

Old March 1st, 2020, 06:29 PM
I'm playing around with a couple of things and would like to be able to allow for taking two backgrounds.

It doesn't appear that the current Backgrounds tab or Configurable can handle that, so I'd like to put together my own.

However, I have no idea what style to use for the portals.

I tried everything from tblNormal to tblStandard and a lot in between, as well as lblNormal, lblStandard and a few others for a label/output style and not having any luck.

Any suggestions/help?

Thanks!
TC

Working on -
  • (SWADE) WIP Savage Rifts
  • Savage Rifts (Deluxe): Update link in This post
  • Star Trek Adventures: Update link in This post
TCArknight is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old March 2nd, 2020, 08:58 AM
That's normally something very similar to Gestalt characters, so you might want to check over on the Pathfinder forums and get someone to explain how they allow for 2 classes and see if that sparks something for you.

Most of the contributors here on 5e don't mess with portals/entities so not sure anyone might be able to help much. We inherited a lot from the Pathfinder guys though and the code base is very similar.

Have you also tried asking for help over on the Authoring Kit forums?
dungeonguru is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
TCArknight

Old March 2nd, 2020, 01:28 PM
Howdy!

I haven’t asked, because while I know how to put together new tabs, it’s the naming of the styles in this case that gets me.

In both the Sample and the Savage Worlds datasets, tblNormal and lblNormal are valid, widely used styles. For 5e though, those styles are completely invalid and not found.

Some naming change obviously took place, and just hoping Mathias or someone who can see the BTS code will be able to help provide the used styles for different tabs.

Working on -
  • (SWADE) WIP Savage Rifts
  • Savage Rifts (Deluxe): Update link in This post
  • Star Trek Adventures: Update link in This post
TCArknight is offline   #3 Reply With Quote