Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Jhalad

Old September 29th, 2010, 03:12 AM
All I'm going to say on this is that if GM's were to use the Hero Lab as intended, say, to enter these various stats from NPCs

1. It will give said GM lots of experience with the program, how it runs, and its potential
2. It will allow said GM to modify those PCs as they see fit.

Hero Lab is a tool for us to use, not to stare at. I would rather seen the Hero Lab designers/programers spend time adding the feats/traits/items/monsters/etc which, if one were to read the forum, would understand can be quite difficult. Entering NPC information is easy. That is what Hero Lab was designed to allow the user to do (easily).

Just saying...
Jhalad is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Zandari

Old September 29th, 2010, 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhalad View Post
All I'm going to say on this is that if GM's were to use the Hero Lab as intended, say, to enter these various stats from NPCs

1. It will give said GM lots of experience with the program, how it runs, and its potential

Hero Lab is a tool for us to use, not to stare at. I would rather seen the Hero Lab designers/programers spend time adding the feats/traits/items/monsters/etc which, if one were to read the forum, would understand can be quite difficult. Entering NPC information is easy. That is what Hero Lab was designed to allow the user to do (easily).

Just saying...
And well said, in my opinion. It takes what, twenty minutes to plug in these NPCs? I think that is much better a community task than a developer task.
Zandari is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old September 29th, 2010, 07:26 AM
Sounds good, anyone want to do the work?

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Nikmal

Old September 29th, 2010, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefweasel View Post
Sounds good, anyone want to do the work?
I am actually working on some for The "Shackled City" Adventure Path. I will tell you though that it is NOT a 20 minute job to enter their stats. At least not all of em. There are Demondands and Beholders and the like. Not to mention some other creatures not listed in the Paizo Pathfinder Bestiary. So no it is not as easy would see hehe. I am going from chapter 8 Which is the "Secret of the Soul Pillars". I can upload the stats I have for the NPC encounters as they are if one wants me to. I am working chapter by chapter after chapter 8, Working on chapter 9 now though

Any takers?
-jon
Nikmal is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Nikmal

Old September 29th, 2010, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhalad View Post

Just saying...
I agree with this and think that AP 1-6 of each path... it would not take to long especially from the Council of Thieves and on since they are strictly Pathfinder and NOT 3.5

The 3.5 conversions are a little more difficult if you are trying to keep them on the up and up and stick to the same flavor of the text as written. For a Demodand I am actually TRYING to do a Demodand and it is not easy for me at least to do.

Any ideas?? I need a Shator Demodand. And could use the Demodand qualities too
Nikmal is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 29th, 2010, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikmal View Post
Any ideas?? I need a Shator Demodand. And could use the Demodand qualities too
Go ahead and make a new thread for this.

Please write out what it is you're trying to accomplish, and tell me what you know how to achieve, and where you're stuck.
Mathias is offline   #16 Reply With Quote