Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

nylanfs

Old April 20th, 2012, 05:38 PM
I have my main character ( that I have already played with and advanced) I used the editor to make the Wanted quality and the Ares Thunderstruck Gauss rifle before Runners Companion and Arsenal was available. I can replace the rifle. But how can I replace the old Wanted Quality with the one from the book?
nylanfs is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 20th, 2012, 06:17 PM
Don't re-save until you're sure this all works, but you should be able to use the unlock button at the bottom of the advance tab to return to character creation mode, delete that quality and add the proper version. If there are some problems re-locking the character, hopefully the adjustments available on the Permanent Adjustments table on the Personal tab will let you work around those.
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
nylanfs

Old April 21st, 2012, 03:45 PM
That worked like a charm Mathias, unlocked the character. deleted the old wanted, added a negative build points spent adjustment to let me lock it again and then removed the negative build points spent.
nylanfs is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
CeaDawg

Old April 21st, 2012, 11:21 PM
That kinda works.

If the character has acquired items, or advancements that would not be allowed during creation, for any reason, the validation errors come out in droves, and in the case of those things that were purchased with Karma (spells, skill increases, bonds, etc.) those result in an over spending of BP that prevents you from locking the character again.

I've had to print a hard copy of the affected character before making the needed corrections, deleting all off the advancements, unlock the character, make the necessary changes, delete any items that are flagged as invalid during creation, lock the character, give the flagged items back to the character for FREE, then re-add the advancements.

It's a royal pain for a character with lots of advancements or restricted/forbidden gear.

Last edited by CeaDawg; April 21st, 2012 at 11:26 PM.
CeaDawg is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 22nd, 2012, 10:42 AM
CeaDawg, as I said, try the adjustments in the Permanent Adjustments table on the Personal tab. If there's anything those can't cover, please tell me. I tried to make sure that there's one for every test that's run to determine if you can switch.

Also, not all the error messages will prevent you from returning to advancement mode - only the ones that are reported when you actually try switching. See if you can return to advancement mode and see if the error messages go away at that point.
Mathias is online now   #5 Reply With Quote
nylanfs

Old April 23rd, 2012, 04:09 PM
"Most" of the validation errors went away when I added a negative -30 BP spent amount. The ones that were left (for forbidden or restricted gear) didn't prevent me from locking the character for play.
nylanfs is offline   #6 Reply With Quote