Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: What Pathfinder Content Do You Want to See FIRST?
Essential Pathfinder Rulebooks Only (e.g. CRB, APG, ACG, UM, UC) 23 15.23%
All Pathfinder Rulebooks 12 7.95%
Bestiaries and Similar Books 6 3.97%
Modules and Smaller Adventures 7 4.64%
Adventure Paths and Huge Adventures 45 29.80%
Generally Reusable Content (e.g. NPCs, Artwork, Maps) 4 2.65%
Golarian Campaign Setting 10 6.62%
Player Companions 0 0%
Not interested in Pathfinder content 44 29.14%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll

rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 17th, 2016, 10:01 PM
We're going to be releasing an assortment of content for Realm Works when we launch the Content Market in December, with the initial focus being on adventures and other highly reusable material that can be dropped into numerous campaigns. A healthy portion of the content will be for Pathfinder, but not all of it. Beyond December, we'll continue to add more content for different game systems, with Pathfinder being prominent. This is just an informal poll to give us an idea of what aspects of the overall Pathfinder catalog you would find most desirable.

Note: This particular poll is exclusively targeted at Pathfinder GMs and players. If your interest lies with other game systems, please don't assume this means we're only going to be focusing on Pathfinder. We'll be supporting a variety of game systems. Pathfinder just happens to have a vast catalog, and we want to target our support effectively for the game.
rob is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
DMG

Old October 17th, 2016, 10:36 PM
I'm looking for the CRB, followed by the Strange Aeons AP.

However I selected the essential rule books first.
DMG is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old October 17th, 2016, 11:33 PM
Not interested in PF, but in general I think it is best to have the bestiaries/monster manuals first for linking purposes. I'm finding rules less important. They are nice to have in there for searching and looking up, but I'm finding linking to rules not so important.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Pollution

Old October 18th, 2016, 05:53 AM
Deleted

Last edited by Pollution; February 17th, 2017 at 09:50 AM.
Pollution is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
NeoEvaX

Old October 18th, 2016, 07:48 AM
I would personally prefer Rise of the Rune Lords. I am planning on running it as soon as I can get Realm Works.

I wouldn't mind having the core books in there as well, but with so much of that being online now I don't see the need. Where as turning a Adventure Path into the structure of Realm Works is something we cant easily search through.

I tend to think my main use of Realm Works is to plan out adventures, not look up rules.

My 2 cents at least.
NeoEvaX is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
JustinThomason

Old October 18th, 2016, 08:22 AM
I personally voted for APs and Huge Adventures, but Modules and Smaller Adventures is a very close second for me.

While broader rulebooks would be great, and I am sure I will buy rulebooks and bestiaries eventually once they are available, I use Realm Works to manage adventures more than anything else.

I have Hero Lab to wrangle monsters (and routinely attach portfolio files as RW snippets) and general rules are easy to look up online. My biggest time sink is entering the adventure content and if I could purchase a pre-structured version of the module or AP I plan to run, I would buy it in a heartbeat.
JustinThomason is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Pollution

Old October 18th, 2016, 09:08 AM
Deleted

Last edited by Pollution; February 17th, 2017 at 09:50 AM.
Pollution is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old October 18th, 2016, 09:14 AM
Personally I want the bestiaries first.

Presently my rules almanac is mostly monsters and what races/classes archetypes are allowed in the campaign.

I really don't expect to ever want a lot of rules crunch in RW. For instance the allowed classes and archetypes is little more than a list and a reference to what source it appears in. I leave all the crunchy stuff to HL.
kbs666 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Dhrakken

Old October 18th, 2016, 10:27 AM
I voted core rulebooks first.. bestiaries would be next followed by the AP (specifically Reign of Winter lol). I won't be starting the second book until the new year so there's hope still!
Dhrakken is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
NeoEvaX

Old October 18th, 2016, 10:28 AM
I think it is interesting how we all use Realm works differently.

I use Hero Lab for my monsters and encounters, then I load their files into Realm Works. I use Realm works for all the Story/Towns/NPC background/Lore/etc. Not the "rules".

I don't think I would use Realm works to look up rules or monsters, I would just use the web, or Hero Lab. But Realm works works so much better than trying to scan through the huge book that is RotRLs. Looking up who runs the item shop in Sandport is a LOT harder without Realm Works than looking up the stats to a beast or Rules.

I am not saying how other people use it is wrong, just kinda intrigued how many ways it can be used. Its a testament to how powerful it can be.
NeoEvaX is offline   #10 Reply With Quote