Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

pathar

Old January 31st, 2015, 06:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
The frustrating thing, that was not brought up in the thread before they had a hissy fit and locked it down, is that the stated REASON you have to own the sources you use, is so you can provide those sources to the GM, which can be done on an electronic device, while at the same time, the REASON you have to have a paper copy of your character sheet is so you don't have to let the GM use your electronic device...
It actually was brought up, they just refused to address it because, as you say, they were mid-hissy-fit. :/
pathar is offline   #161 Reply With Quote
killcount

Old February 1st, 2015, 02:18 PM
Were the Apks made available ever for Amazon fire users. Love hero labs, really want to use it at the table, but I don't find using splashtop ideal.
killcount is offline   #162 Reply With Quote
Fuzzy

Old February 3rd, 2015, 03:31 PM
there are no apks. there is no android version of hero lab. Regarding splashtop, I use RDesktop - the experience is much nicer.

Last edited by Fuzzy; February 3rd, 2015 at 03:35 PM.
Fuzzy is offline   #163 Reply With Quote
Mystic Lemur

Old February 3rd, 2015, 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanan00
Bad rulings like that are why I quit playing PFS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathar View Post
It actually was brought up, they just refused to address it because, as you say, they were mid-hissy-fit. :/
Mike Brock was forced (inasmuch as one can be forced online) to give a ruling, so he gave a conservative ruling that puts us all on a level playing field. He never claimed that you can't use Hero Lab at the table. All he said was you are required to have a paper character sheet. Since you are also required to have your paper chronicle sheets with you in order to play your character (another ruling that was forced by people who couldn't leave well enough alone), it's not an undue burden to also have a printed copy of your character in the same folder/notebook/bound volume.

The reason the discussion was axed when it was, is because people are too hard headed to let sleeping dogs lie. That thread was heading toward "forcing" a ruling on electronic additional resources. I can guarantee you Brock would have ruled the same way, requiring a printed, watermarked copy of the page your character uses to be carried with your printed character sheet and printed chronicles. If that's not what people want, then they should quit poking the bear.
Mystic Lemur is offline   #164 Reply With Quote
James Guckin

Old June 3rd, 2015, 06:52 PM
Just wondering if there has been any new news on the android front.
James Guckin is offline   #165 Reply With Quote
pyremius

Old June 5th, 2015, 08:06 PM
It's been a while since I chimed in, too. I'd really prefer to not throw money away on an iPad just to run Hero Lab at GenCon, but I doubt my laptop's battery will last an entire session (much less two in one day) It's obviously too late for this year, but an Android version would be exceedingly beneficial.
pyremius is offline   #166 Reply With Quote
Senko

Old June 11th, 2015, 01:49 PM
I'd love one as well when they have the resources to make it.
Senko is offline   #167 Reply With Quote
KevinB

Old February 22nd, 2016, 07:57 AM
I would love to use this on my Android app. Please, please, please get this done!
KevinB is offline   #168 Reply With Quote
Quantarum

Old March 19th, 2016, 01:04 AM
Rather disappointed to find out there's no android support. -Q.
Quantarum is offline   #169 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old March 22nd, 2016, 01:47 PM
I don't want just Android support.

This needs a full cloud networked interface.

DM runs HL on PC.
PC's run Hero Labs on Android or Apple.
All files are stored on the cloud.
DM and players are all synced into a live game session.

PC's update the sheet on their end, the cloud updates and the DM can access that info live from HL or have a synced copy accessible via RW.
DM update the sheet on their end, the cloud updates and the DM can access that info live from HL or have a synced copy accessible via RW.

I'm sitting her imaging a world where I the DM can 'insert' something into the player's equipment without them noticing and as long as its there and they don't notice X happens.

I'm drooling over the concept of a tactical console that syncs everyone at the party and lets me the DM put my dice down at the end of a long night and go to bed. Then the next day I can get up and start working on prepping my next session and all i have to do is open RW to see the up to date copy of my players character sheets.

PCGen and GMGen have started implemented the network feature above so I'll be keeping a close eye over these. It's a feature that might be enough to sway me over the fence however I did some research and it does not look like they are even close to having Android support either. Someone has made a reader but that's just to display information, not link back to the DM (as they have done for HL, but it only supports PF).

The age of players not using electronic devices at the table is over. So i imagine whom ever can beat the rest of the competition to the market with a quality product will concrete themselves in that market for many years to come. However I am aware that Hero Labs in its current state needs an overhaul to support Android and this is no small task to complete. Obviously LW are focused on the Content Market currently, unfortunately, and while not exactly the same, the 5e content market now exists in the form of DMsGuild.com. It's no where near what LW are aiming for obviously, but WOTC have thrown their support behind it and Fantasy Grounds which begs the question. Will they even allow the content to be sold on the RW Content Market once it is released or will it become another legal battlefield?

Last edited by daplunk; March 22nd, 2016 at 01:54 PM.
daplunk is offline   #170 Reply With Quote