Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

Itzi

Old September 8th, 2020, 09:49 AM
PleaseOhPleaseOhPleaseOhPleaseOhPleaseOhPleaseOhPl easeOhPlease make PF1 the next big thing!

Last edited by Itzi; September 14th, 2020 at 07:59 AM.
Itzi is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Phrll

Old September 8th, 2020, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
How is any human player supposed to be able to cope with so many different options on their character?
They don't. The use a small number of their favorites and ignore all the rest. Some might be more effective than what they do use but they've never looked into them far enough. D&D 3.0/3.5 and Pathfinder both have this problem when characters hit the mid-teen level and just just gets worse farther up.
Phrll is online now   #12 Reply With Quote
bruuuuuu

Old September 9th, 2020, 06:26 AM
+1 for Pathfinder (the first and only edition).
bruuuuuu is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
WatersLethe

Old September 9th, 2020, 10:57 AM
+1 for Starfinder Starships, a mechanic that was advertised as a selling point of the system before it launched
WatersLethe is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
flyteach

Old September 9th, 2020, 01:25 PM
+1 @WatersLethe. I am glad Rob listed it first. I hope it stays that way.
flyteach is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Dragnmoon

Old September 9th, 2020, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatersLethe View Post
+1 for Starfinder Starships, a mechanic that was advertised as a selling point of the system before it launched
I am less excited about this since I believe it is linked to Campaign mode.

I am more looking for something I can use in Org play to track Space combat.

That might still work with it linked to Campaign but I am unsure since I have barely touched that.
Dragnmoon is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old September 9th, 2020, 04:24 PM
+1 Pathfinder 1e, with 3pp (Community Pack & Spheres of Power/Might),
Ualaa is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old September 9th, 2020, 04:38 PM
As a relatively happy PF2 GM, +1 for more Starfinder and Shadowrun 6 support.

I am totally content with HLC for my Pathfinder 1st needs until HLO is mature.

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Roadie

Old September 10th, 2020, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
How is any human player supposed to be able to cope with so many different options on their character?
A lot of these are going to be effectively passive buffs to prerequisite abilities in play. For example, the Legendary Vigilantes stuff has lot of things that add extra functionality to Spring Attack, Whirlwind Attack, and Vital Strike, as well as various talents that give you a set of the Improved X combat maneuver feats, and Spheres of Might has various talents like 'whenever you successfully grapple, you also deal damage' and 'whenever you attack with an attack action, you can also attack a second creature at a penalty'. You could pretty easily make a character out of all that that just focuses on 4-5 primary gimmicks and combines them in different ways, with maybe a reference sheet for yourself to keep track of how they all stack.

That doesn't reduce the character's complexity in the Hero Lab context, though, since you've got a bunch of things all adjusting the numbers of other things. A wizard, by contrast, could have about the same amount of actual in-play complexity, but less bother to compute since spells are more self-contained and mostly just need an adjusted DC for each.

Last edited by Roadie; September 10th, 2020 at 11:35 AM.
Roadie is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
TheYsconator

Old September 13th, 2020, 03:29 AM
I don't know if there's any community voting involved in what the next big thing will be, but if there is: please make it the shared stash. That functionality can be used by all systems, and it would be (in my opinion) a great way of actually making use of the 'online' part of HLO. Being able to 'cast a spell' and have HLO sort out the effects on everyone (no more manually adding conditions, yay!) as well as being able to prepare 'loot' that can be handed out after every scene, will not only be very useful, but will also be a concrete display of the benefits of being online on HLO together.
TheYsconator is offline   #20 Reply With Quote