Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

aerethan

Old March 1st, 2011, 05:39 PM
It should be noted that magic armor now falls all under the same category, not shield or chest. The enchanted shield can be taken by any BSB in any army.

Currently I know Orcs and Goblins show a roster violation if a BSB takes a magic shield.

I would also point out that the 7th edition O&G book didn't prohibit BSB's from specific magic items.

Since the book is due this week, I figured I'd mention it as the red text is bugging me. Magic shields aren't shields, just magic armor that takes up 1 hand.
aerethan is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ChaosLord

Old March 8th, 2011, 09:44 AM
I'm afraid you might be reading into this wrong. If you are not allowed a standard shield you can't take a magic one.I have been playing warhammer since 4th edition, shields and armour have always been in the same magic item category. I'm afraid the error alert in that is correct. It will be changed though I'm sure, because in the new Orc & Goblin army book a battle standard bearer doesn't have the equipment limitations anymore.
Examples: A wizard is denied access to magic armour because he can't wear mundane armour. A Warriors of Chaos wizard can take magic armour because he wears chaos armour, and although he can't take a shield normally it specifies in the WOC army book on page 106 under THE DREAD ART that he can use a magic shield. If characters who can't take mundane shields could take magic shields this specification wouldn't exist.

Last edited by ChaosLord; March 8th, 2011 at 10:37 AM.
ChaosLord is offline   #2 Reply With Quote