Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 6th, 2011, 08:59 AM
Classes tags are never more than 9 characters - the inquisitor's tag is "Inquisito", rather than "Inquisitor"
Mathias is online now   #21 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old February 6th, 2011, 09:01 AM
Thank you sir!
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old April 28th, 2011, 05:49 PM
I'm working on my last Gestalt class (for now, at least). It's a Gestalt of the Cleric and the Skirmisher Ranger classes, done as a Cleric archetype. This one is pretty easy for the most part, but I do have two snags I just can't seem to get through. They may be related . . .
  1. The Archetypes tab in the editor doesn't have the check-box "Bonus Feats Ignore Pre-Requisites?" I can't figure out how to duplicate the functionality of this check box, so in my Archetype the Fighting Style Bonus Feats are requiring pre-reqs.
  2. When I create a character of sufficient level to get the later tiers of bonus feats for the fighting style, the first tier is still the only one that shows up.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old May 4th, 2011, 03:57 AM
Been a few days since I made this last request . . . anyone have some help for me? Pretty please? This is the last character class I need to get the entire party statted up in my gestalt game.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 4th, 2011, 08:53 AM
Sorry, I've had so much to do on Shadowrun and Ultimate Magic that I'm missing things.

You know how to look at the tags on a class, right (using the floating info windows)?

Can you identify the tag on the Ranger class that tells it to ignore prereqs for its bonus feats?

If so, can you put a script on your archetype to assign that tag to the class?
Mathias is online now   #25 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old May 4th, 2011, 07:28 PM
Well, I thought I had it figured out with something similar to that. I found a Tag (in the Tag button) that looked like it would do the trick, so I did one just like it in the Tag button on my archetype:

Group ID: Helper, Tag ID: BonFtNoPre, Name: BonFtNoPre, Abbrev: BonFtNoPre.

That didn't do the trick, so I'm guessing it's adding it via a script that I'm missing? Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to do that.

(BTW, I understand completely about you being busy - I'm just glad you guys do everything you do to help us figure this stuff out! Thanks for that.)
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 4th, 2011, 09:40 PM
Code:

perform linkage[varies].assign[Helper.BonFtnoPre]
Put that in a script on the archetype - it will transition to the linked class that it varies, then assign that tag.
Mathias is online now   #27 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old May 5th, 2011, 04:31 AM
Thanks, Matthias, that eliminated the need for pre-reqs on the archetypes bonus feats. BTW, I left the Phase, Priority and Timing set to defaults on that - is that correct?

One more problem to solve now. My archetype isn't getting access to the additional bonus feats allowed at 6th and 10th levels. I've looked everywhere I can think of for the way to get these added to the list but can't find it anywhere.

For clarity's sake:

I made the character level 20, and for every combat style he can choose between the first 4 (or 5, in the case of Archery style) feats but none of the others that should be available show up at all.

In contrast, when I make a 20th level Ranger and choose a style (any of them), all of the options that should be available to him show up in the list.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 5th, 2011, 07:45 AM
The default phase and priority for Eval Scripts is actually not good for anything.

First/10000 should be fine for this one.

Have you taken a look at the scripts on the Combat Styles? Can you see anything in them that might not work with this gestalt class?
Mathias is online now   #29 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old May 5th, 2011, 09:43 AM
Thanks again, Matthias! I think that's got me on the right track. I found the eval script and successfully translated Crossbow Combat Style to the archetype.

I'll try and get the rest finished tonight, and if I run into any more problems I'll post up here again in the next few days.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #30 Reply With Quote