Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Arjon Smithson

Old February 23rd, 2017, 11:27 AM
Not sure if this is a bug or I'm misunderstanding something obvious (or I'm doing something stupid)'

My cleric casts Stunning Barrier on self (+1 deflection, +1 saves). Goes to Adjustment tab, and searches for 'Stunning' - Nothing relevant shows up in the spells list (or the other 2 options either). Am I missing something or should this spell show up (like a bless spell or mage armor does)?

I've just checked and heightened awareness from the ACG does appear in the list.

Last edited by Arjon Smithson; February 23rd, 2017 at 11:31 AM.
Arjon Smithson is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Togainu

Old February 23rd, 2017, 11:33 AM
Not everything has been made into adjustments. Mainly cause those are supplied by the community and can be donated to be implemented by Lonewolf. So likely no one ever made that one. This said you can use other adjustment and select
"armor class bonus" select deflection from the drop down and make it +1
"saving throw bonus" select resistance from the drop down, all saves from the other dropdown and make it +1
And optionally you can fill in source "stunning barrier"

Last edited by Togainu; February 23rd, 2017 at 11:36 AM.
Togainu is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old February 23rd, 2017, 11:36 AM
Adjustments are separate things from the spells. They have usually been coded by users in the community and donated for inclusion in HeroLab. Unless someone needed it and so coded it and donated it.. it probably is not there.

You can represent the same effects by applying an Adjustment to Armor Class and set the type to Deflection, value to +1; and then applying an Adjustment to "Saving Throw, All" with the value of +1. You can note "Stunning Barrier" in the Source field on both.

You may need the Community Pack for one or both of those. ShadowChemosh's Adjustments under the Community Pack source has a number of useful things.
Silveras is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Arjon Smithson

Old February 27th, 2017, 04:45 PM
Thank you both for your replies. It worked perfectly when I followed your process. However, now I would like to do it through the editor, so I can add my contribution to the community, be it ever so small. However, I was wanting to copy an existing adjustment, such as the bless spell, but I haven't figured out where these adjustments are stored in the user files. Can anyone point me in the right direction please. I have the CP installed.
Arjon Smithson is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old February 27th, 2017, 06:52 PM
If you're using the editor, you don't need to know the flle. They're all compiled and available for you to look at.

There are some editor basics, and ShadowChemosh has them in his signature.. that'a a good place to start.

What you would need to do is to
  1. Create a new file in the Editor
  2. Switch to the Adjustments tab
  3. Click "Copy (New)"
  4. Find the one you want to copy FROM in the list and select it

Your new Adjustment is ready to be edited. But you will need to give it a uniqueID, and best practices include using a 3-letter code to separate your efforts from others (so there's less chance of two things accidentally having the same unique id).. and that's where those tutorials and references come in.

Good luck!
Silveras is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 28th, 2017, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjon Smithson View Post
Thank you both for your replies. It worked perfectly when I followed your process. However, now I would like to do it through the editor, so I can add my contribution to the community, be it ever so small. However, I was wanting to copy an existing adjustment, such as the bless spell, but I haven't figured out where these adjustments are stored in the user files. Can anyone point me in the right direction please. I have the CP installed.
@Silveras says but just to be clear. The community does not have the standard Spell Adjustments in it. What was said is that different people over time have made Spell Adjustments and given them to Lone Wolf. Who then added them officially to Hero Lab.

To see 'official' Things you do the "New(Copy)" in the editor because the actual "FILES" from Lone Wolf are encrypted/hidden.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote