Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

KefkaZ

Old April 12th, 2014, 08:21 PM
How about adding a link to the forums in the help section of the ribbon, next to the manual, faq and link to the website?
KefkaZ is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old April 12th, 2014, 11:38 PM
+1 for this.

Sleet was enjoying a tasty beverage at his local tavern, when a Tarrasque showed up in the local area. He managed to valiantly get on it's back and ride it. How he did it is a mystery to this day...

RW: Engine Heart, I Love The Corps! Home Brew: Star Gate: Avalon, Monda Minutia. I'm good with: OpenOffice, Paint, Lego Digital Designer. & not so good with: Realm Works, Hero Lab, CC3+, GIMP, Cityographer, Hexographer, Fractal Mapper, AstroSynth, Inspiration Pad Pro. RW Kickstarter Supporter.
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mystic Lemur

Old April 15th, 2014, 07:28 PM
+1. Obviously I already know where they are, but this would have helped me when I was just getting started.
Mystic Lemur is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Dr_Automaton

Old April 16th, 2014, 06:01 AM
I think many of the same people who refuse to read any of the help docs are the same people who won't bother visiting the forum, but I'm all for making it easier for those who do. +1
Dr_Automaton is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
enrious

Old April 16th, 2014, 04:30 PM
I quite agree, +1
enrious is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 16th, 2014, 10:19 PM
If you click the Technical Support button, the page you're taken to is brief and provides a link to the forums. I have to assume this is insufficient due to this request getting a good number of votes. But I also have to ask why it's insufficient? We're trying not to clutter things up with lots of repetition if we can help it. Yet you guys clearly think we need to risk increasing the clutter to add a direct link to the forums. Is there a way we can make the forums more visible without needing to add yet another icon/button? You guys are saying this is important, and I want to figure out a way that will give you want you want without negatively impacting things at the same time.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
rob is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old April 16th, 2014, 11:46 PM
I think it's there enough times (it's at the top of every page on your website, in one form or another). If you wanted you could add a link to the User Manuals, Tutorials, and other pages saying something like:

Have more questions? Ask on our forums!

That way it's more of a guiding hand.

Still, you put a button in the launcher so one in the app would make sense, I guess.

Last edited by Parody; April 17th, 2014 at 12:18 AM.
Parody is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Mystic Lemur

Old April 17th, 2014, 04:28 AM
Hmmm... Now that I think about it, I never tried clicking "Technical Support". I don't know what I thought it did, but I didn't expect a link to the forums.
Mystic Lemur is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
KefkaZ

Old April 17th, 2014, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Lemur View Post
Hmmm... Now that I think about it, I never tried clicking "Technical Support". I don't know what I thought it did, but I didn't expect a link to the forums.
Same here. Brainstorming here: If you want to avoid adding a button, maybe re-work what goes where? Perhaps renaming the Manual button to "Manual and FAQ", putting a link to the FAQ on the real works user manual page and then changing the existing FAQ link on the toolbar to go to the Forums?

That said, I don't see one button crowding things THAT much, especially since I wouldn't be on the help tab all that much and the home tab already has two more items than the help tab. But, I get the need to keep it simple.
KefkaZ is offline   #9 Reply With Quote