Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion > Realm Works Early Access Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

zarlor

Old August 17th, 2013, 05:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead View Post
[snip]
BTW... took me a while to figure out how to change the Statblock name from Untitled. I couldn't figure out you don't do it from the Statblock.
Which in a way sounds related to the issue mentioned in the other thread about where you change the name on a map. I suppose it should be consistent so that the name would either be changed from within the editor for the thing itself (so on the map or in the statblock editor) or on the snippet, but not both. I think personally I would suggest on the snippet so I could set the name before going into the editor but other's may prefer otherwise so I can't say for sure what might be the "best" way to do it.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #21
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 20th, 2013, 01:44 PM
The issue with "Quick Create" is easy to work around. If you don't have any Article/Mechanics categories, the mechanism fails. And the EA release starts out with no such categories, while all of our test data does have categories. That's why we missed it.

So all you need to do is go to the Manage ribbon bar at the top. Click the Categories button. Down the lefthand column, you'll see a bunch of story/world content categories. Beneath that, you'll see an empty section for article/mechanics categories. Just click the "+" button in the header for that grouping and an initial category is created. That's all you need. Click the Done button in the upper right. Now you should be able to use Quick Create (via <ctrl+Q>) all you want.

Sorry for the hassle and hope this helps!
rob is offline   #22
BoomerET

Send a message via ICQ to BoomerET Send a message via Yahoo to BoomerET Send a message via Skype™ to BoomerET

Old August 20th, 2013, 02:11 PM
SWEEEEEEET, it works!

Thanks Rob, now go get some sleep.

BoomerET

Castles & Crusades Ruleset for Hero Lab
Hero Lab (5E D&D) -> Fantasy Grounds Character Converter
BoomerET is offline   #23