Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun

Notices

Ech0

Old May 29th, 2016, 08:56 AM
Hey folks,

I'm having trouble figuring out how to correctly use the new Rigger rules without causing error messages left and right. Here's what I've tried to do:

I have bought a Roto Drone that I rigged (ha) with a spotlight and a pilot upgrade to rating 5 plus appropiate Autosofts (Maneuver, Smartsoft and Targeting) on rating 5.

Now I try to buy a RCC (the Essy DroneMaster) and add Autosofts rating 5, but this results in an error that's telling me

"Clearsight: A Pilot Programm may not run an autosoft of a higher Rating than itself (2)."

I do not get an error when I add Clearsight rating 2; rating 3 and upwards causes errors.

While I do get the rules from Rigger V that may cause this problem, there isn't a Pilot rating of 2 anywhere to be seen. Nor a device rating or 2.

What am I doing wrong?

Edit: I'd tried adding various RCCs, cars and drone (or non whatsoever) - whenever I add an Autosoft higher than rating 2, I get an error.

Last edited by Ech0; May 29th, 2016 at 09:54 PM.
Ech0 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
BrotherPrætus

Old May 30th, 2016, 03:18 AM
Well, first things first. A drone may still only use the Autosofts loaded on the RCC if it is not running any Autosofts on itself (corebook, p267 under Noise Reduction & Sharing). There is nothing in Rigger 5.0 which alters that facet of their functions.

Otherwise, I've seen this sort of thing when working on Rigger concepts. I haven't figured out a work around or why it seems to not want to play nice with RCCs.
BrotherPrætus is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 1st, 2016, 09:55 AM
Ech0 - that's a bug. Others have beat you to reporting it, so it'll be fixed in the next update. I forgot to add the "vehicles only" test when implementing the rule from Rigger 5.0 that says a vehicle can't run autosofts at a higher rating than its pilot rating.
Mathias is online now   #3 Reply With Quote
Ech0

Old June 1st, 2016, 10:28 AM
Thanks for the reply, I felt a tad bit stupid. :-)

I'll send you another bug report in a sec - for a different one, though.
Ech0 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
adzling

Old June 1st, 2016, 10:39 AM
urm drones cannot run autosofts higher than their pilot rating either.
+ they also cannot run more autosofts than their rating...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Ech0 - that's a bug. Others have beat you to reporting it, so it'll be fixed in the next update. I forgot to add the "vehicles only" test when implementing the rule from Rigger 5.0 that says a vehicle can't run autosofts at a higher rating than its pilot rating.
adzling is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Ech0

Old June 5th, 2016, 12:44 PM
Another thing in regards to drones and RCCs:

Shopping seems to be broken. Whenever I buy a drone for one of my chars, HeroLab fails to deduct the costs for modifications (weapons, upgrades etc) of said drones. The cost of the drone is set to "0".

*already reported - if you add a custom price, it seems to work!

Last edited by Ech0; June 5th, 2016 at 12:53 PM.
Ech0 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote